Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do lesbian bath houses exist
The answer is YES - they are call SWING CLUBS! Yes, there will be str8 m/f couples but also many single lades - many of whom are bisexual and/or lesbian.

Str8 swing clubs are known for their acceptance of F/F interaction, so if you're looking for random F/F sex, start there!

Although it might be the closest thing, I'm not sure a "str8 swing club" that is accepting of "F/F" interaction would really be a substitute for or even close to the idea of a lesbian bathhouse. Are these "straight" clubs that are accepting of lesbians, because that would mean they would have no sexual interaction with the men in the straight club, also accepting of gay men in the club, men who would have no sexual interaction with anyone but the men there? I have a feeling there are very few, if any, "straight" swing clubs that would welcome gay men into the club. There is a reason these straight clubs would be willing to allow lesbians into the club and the motive is not really about acceptance or goodwill to lesbians, it is about some straight guys getting turned on. If these were really clubs about acceptance and welcoming of other orientations, then why are they called "str8" swing clubs?

I got invited to a private sex club (by a guy) that was primarily straight but allowed for f/f...I don't recall that m/m was prohibited but I never actually saw it (unless there was a woman involved with both). And the guy who invited me saw it as his way to score with me since he knew I was a bi-curious lesbian that was very slow (by then) to have sexual encounters with guys.

One of the most annoying encounters for me was a woman came onto me hard, and after I was into it she about shoved me onto her husband and left...the rules and customs of the place would've made me look bad if I made an issue of it or even left myself, but I found out later from others that the said woman did that a lot (and there was talk about barring her but it never happened the few months I attended and had been going on for awhile before I showed up). :mad:

I once saw a woman cruising at Beach 19, a famous gay beach near Lisbon, Portugal. She was so weird and 'masculine' (i.e. loud, aggressive and sometimes even grabbed her grotch).

I think Iceblink has it right. I've been to swing clubs many times, a few different clubs. (This was almost 20 years ago, but I still know people who go.) As a group, the only support of same sex activity was men liking to watch the women together and the bi women getting a chance to meet women. One club told the guy I was with that he wasn't welcome there again because he touched a man in a way they deemed as intimate and he wasn't sorry. Things might have changed, and clubs also differ, so I can't say it's always like this.

They used to have lesbian bath house days in Toronto.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:While it is a joke, there is an underlying principle about how women approach stuff compared to men. Which in this case may mean there really isn't that big of a push for a bathhouse sort of thing as women are more along the lines of relationships, romance and the like.

Men are pigs, and only want to dip the wick, thus there is more interest in a place to dine and dash - or whatever colorful metaphor works.

From experience, women want the same randomness of sex that men do. Maybe not every women, but a large enough percentage to ensure the singles bar business is highly profitable. Go to a singles bars on a Friday or Saturday night - especially when the lonely hearts club is in attendance - the horned up female of the species is as obvious as the horned up men.

In the hetero world, men want to dip the wick. Where do you think the hetero man is dipping it? And no, the hetero woman is not expecting a ring before dipping or even after dipping - all she wants is the sauce.

I don't think its a man vs woman thing. To me, gay bathhouses are their own genre. Where I have lived, I have never heard of a straight bathhouse existing. Swingers, yes, whores yes. But not a distinct business where every customer just wants random sex. Even looking on Craigslist ads the quantity of m-m adverts greatly outnumbers w-w, w-m and even m-w at times.

In all my short life I must say that this thought has never crossed my mind Big Grin
So interesting topic and something to look for, that being said I have never even heard of one.
I would think however the world is a large place and the odds of this existing SOMEWHERE are good.
Due to rarity it may be something a business savvy entity could look into as the competition is null or next to ^_^. But in short I don't think they exist in large number if at all and certainly not here in the bible belt I live in :S.

50Plus Wrote:...I don't think its a man vs woman thing. To me, gay bathhouses are their own genre. Where I have lived, I have never heard of a straight bathhouse existing. Swingers, yes, whores yes. But not a distinct business where every customer just wants random sex.

I think the root of it is a man vs woman thing (along some factors unique to gay culture). I've often said gay men are men, only more so -- sort of the essence of maleness after you remove the things straight men need to do to interact with women. Like others in the thread said, there may be a minority of women who'd enjoy a place for random sex, but not enough to make it a profitable business.

Pussy Palace Toronto. Unfortunately though...I do not believe it exist anymore.

Quote:Pussy Palace Toronto

The Pussy Palace Women's Bathhouse is an event where women can explore their sexuality in a safe and supportive environment. The event, which is organized by a small committee of volunteers, is held at a city licensed and regulated men's bathhouse; one of dozens in Toronto that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our mission is to transform our own and our communities' understanding of queer women's sexuality and to provide women with information about healthy sexual practices. As a committee, we are committed to organizing events that are safe, fun and lawful.
Website: http://www.pussypalacetoronto.com Email: [email protected]