Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do opposites attract?
Okay, I've posted the story in 2 other threads before, so I'm gonna start from where I left off last time. I finally was able to talk the guy I have crush on in chem. engineering. He is very cute, has a southern accent, very chilled out, very nice and very sociable. The problem is that I'm pretty much the exact opposite of him. I'm only sociable around my friends. I'm hot-headed, and not exactly fits into that popular type description. But the guy I have crush is pretty kind of like that, and I'm scared about it. IT compatibility more of like same personality or opposite or is there something to it? Because some of my friends are telling me that he is opposite of me and it might not be a good thing. I'm worried because I'm into those kind of guys.(not snobs, just bright personality and motivational person). I don't know what to do and I'm getting confused by my friends' opinions.

You've heard about opinions, right?

This is you you're talking about. Do what feels best for you.

Thanks! I guess I was getting flushed with my friend's opinions and forgot about how I really feel.

I say go for it. "Opposites attract" is a very general, vague concept. In some cases it is absolutely certain, but in others it's absolutely wrong. There are many facets of personality and relationships, and a generalization like that can't really take all of those into account. So I say you can just drop the "opposites attract" idea altogether.

My partner is very outgoing. I'm outgoing when I choose to be, but I'd say most weekends I just keep to myself or hang out with one or two close friends. He says I inspire him. I think that's a good thing for both of us, it keeps me on my toes and if I can help him improve in areas of his life or whatever, then I don't see a downside. He inspires me too. I've become much more outgoing and tolerant of other people and lifestyles. He put it very well: If you were with someone who is exactly like you, you'd get bored fast.

It sounds like the guy you're after is would be a positive influence in your life in many ways. Go for it.

Thanks a whole bunch! I think my confidence is growing!

You're both college students, different though you may be you are not complete opposites.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I think both together you can reach an equilibrium you can be more scociable and he may be more into your world, my opinion is as you had a crush you should go for it, and also for me if im kind the same with someone else i got bored easily, but if he is different is more intresting and it also makes you to change somewho and not in a bad way.
Smile