Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we judge people to make ourselves feel better?
Do we judge people to make ourselves feel better?

I gotta ask...because we have been judged by society for same-sex relations for years now. Our self-esteem more or less is affected by all these judgments. Growing up in an intolerant, yet liberating world where homosexuality is now becoming more acceptable, do we judge others so that we could feel better about ourselves?

It is not an uncommon phenomenon that the bullied in their turn find others to bully. Sad

I try not to judge anyone right off the bat, and even then if someone has a problem I will listen to it without casting judgement on them since I would want them to do the same for me.

I do my best not to judge others but i am human and sometimes I just cannot help doing it. and some times i have been wrong in my judgment

I judge everyone and everything... Though doesnt mean I jusge them in a bad way Smile I try to see the good in everyone befor making a rash decsion. Although sometimes I can be harsh depending on how I'm feeling.

For me it is forbidden to judge about people.... and it is a good rule in my religion :-)

But .. honestly... sometimes it is very hard...

There is a good saying, like this: As long as you can not give a life you should not take a life. And as long as you don´t know that your way is the right way don´t judge about other ways.

im not judgemental

Just turn the other cheek. Feck what other people have to say about you. Their opinion is nothing. They're just fools that will die with the rest of the ignorant world! Eventually, our lifestyle will be fully accepted. Smile Hang your head high my friend!

If I may change the question slightly?

Quote:Do we judge ill of people to make ourselves feel better?

Then I think the question has to be, on an individual level, occasionally yes, we do. It's an unfortunate aspect of human nature. As to whether whole social groups make collective judgements to bolster their collective self-worth, then I remain to be convinced.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

if it was want to be better then someone else. no one is better then everone else. but if you had faverite peple but everyone is ssomones faveriite i think