Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Blog?
Seems that bloging is becomng more poppular every day. Many proud members of the blogoshere are writing and also milking the internet with affiliate programs, adverts and promotional staff. They actually prove they can make a living from this. I am intrigued to start one.

Do you have a blog? if so what do you write about and do you make any money?

A friend of mine just suggested something like this as a future project. She said a friend set up a site for cheap hotels in SE asia and with google ads he makes thousands a month???

that is all I know...

I don't have a blog, but I do have a "news" page on one of my websites. A fellow musician says it is rather "bloggy". Does that count?

Do you guys follow any bloggers online?

@Frank Yeah apparently bloggers make money of their content and have their own followers . Some are quite important outside of the blogoshere for their opinions and views.

I am researching to know more about how this works as far as internet market goes and wondered if anyone have done this already

@Marsh it counts but i think you could start one blog on a subject that interests you (music, gigs. life could be a good combo.). By the time you do that i ll probably know more about the marketing side of it and give you a hand. If it is that effective could even pay for a prolonged stay in Geneva.

I have a MySpace page and a blog for my summer show, but have not been doing much on the upkeep recently. They are interesting things. I read several people's blogs.

spotysocks Wrote:Do you guys follow any bloggers online?

@Frank Yeah apparently bloggers make money of their content and have their own followers . Some are quite important outside of the blogoshere for their opinions and views.

I am researching to know more about how this works as far as internet market goes and wondered if anyone have done this already

from what I understand it is pretty simple. You start a web page and sign up for google ads. If someone goes onto your site and sees an ad and they click on it you get a couple pennies... The thing is to get enough people to click on those google ads and everyone profits.

The two most famous blogs I know of is one that became famous during the Clinton Lewinski scandal... he broke news of a stained dress: drudgereport.com & on the other side of the aisle is a site that is rather new but extremely popular: huffingtonpost.com - I do to both daily...

spotysocks Wrote:@Marsh it counts but i think you could start one blog on a subject that interests you (music, gigs. life could be a good combo.). By the time you do that i ll probably know more about the marketing side of it and give you a hand. If it is that effective could even pay for a prolonged stay in Geneva.
Now that would be a true fairytale Rolleyes How kind of you to be concerned. Thanks, Spoty.