Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in Gaydar?
princealbertofb Wrote:The advantages of that being.....??? Timmy?

I don't know.....I honestly didn't always think before I post. It just sounded kind of funny in my head and my fingers typed it so......your guess is as good as mine.

Ok, we'll make a few suggestions. Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Derek and I will look at a random person at the airport, in a restaurant, in a shop and just wink at each other, or pass the person and say: "Definitely, yes!" but we may be wrong... lol.

I remember a gay couple who did that to me on the London Underground, safe to say they were probably right.:tongue:

I heard them as i was getting off the train "whispering"(but still whispering loud enough for me to hear, but considering they were sitting by the door...):
"You think he was?"
"Deffinatly"

I guess i do look and dress...er..."unique" and in turn maybe a little gay,:redface:
Who knows, maybe they were talking about something else.Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Oh, and to reply to the original post.
I like to think i have an ok gaydar...but then i've never really had to use it.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Its in the eyes. They look at me and their pupils dialate slightly and I know.

I have no idea. I didn't even know Freddie Mercury was gay.

Genersis Wrote:I remember a gay couple who did that to me on the London Underground, safe to say they were probably right.:tongue:

I heard them as i was getting off the train "whispering"(but still whispering loud enough for me to hear, but considering they were sitting by the door...):
"You think he was?"
"Deffinatly"

I guess i do look and dress...er..."unique" and in turn maybe a little gay,:redface:
Who knows, maybe they were talking about something else.Rolleyes

I've seen gay guys do that and always wonder why,it seems to me it is a negative thing to do,seems they are saying "sorry but no way can you pass as normal,nice try" seems a bit of a naff thing to do.

Beaux Wrote:Its in the eyes. They look at me and their pupils dialate slightly and I know.

lol so true.

simon Wrote:I've seen gay guys do that and always wonder why,it seems to me it is a negative thing to do,seems they are saying "sorry but no way can you pass as normal,nice try" seems a bit of a naff thing to do.

I don't think that's the essence of the game in fact... I think it's more about saying whether we think someone belongs to the club... by the way they dress, talk, walk or behave... just something that we do, but by no means does it intend to diminish the person... It's not even a question of "nice try at normality" since these people don't know us, aren't dealing with us, are just passing us by in a crowd, and probably aren't even trying to pass as normal. So what? They are not trying to prove anything to us, and we're not trying to tell them anything either.. It's just a little connivance between my man and me. It's about, do we have gaydar? We think we have, but we could be completely wrong. We're not even trying to hook up with these people... I just wonder if we pass as a gay couple, or if people can't tell. We're pretty discreet, but maybe not transparent?

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't think that's the essence of the game in fact... I think it's more about saying whether we think someone belongs to the club... by the way they dress, talk, walk or behave... just something that we do, but by no means does it intend to diminish the person... It's not even a question of "nice try at normality" since these people don't know us, aren't dealing with us, are just passing us by in a crowd, and probably aren't even trying to pass as normal. So what? They are not trying to prove anything to us, and we're not trying to tell them anything either.. It's just a little connivance between my man and me. It's about, do we have gaydar? We think we have, but we could be completely wrong. We're not even trying to hook up with these people... I just wonder if we pass as a gay couple, or if people can't tell. We're pretty discreet, but maybe not transparent?

I can see why you thought I was speaking about you but I wasn't,the situation Genersis talked about to me was clearly a bit more than a little wink,to say loud enough for him to hear and others in the train could have been upsetting for him, if he wasn't out,whilst i beleive you when you say you don't do it to be hurtful,there are people out there that do,I've seen it,I always remember before I came out I worked in an office full of men and the "only" gay guy was very camp( he could handle himself very well),I was always nervous when talking to him in case his gaydar went off but it either never did or he was such a gent and never let on,I know that if I ever had saw him give a little knowing wink or made a comment I would have had to leave as I wasn't ready to be outed in a work place full of men,so a little wink or smile to a parnter is all well and good but just remember if it's heard it may affect the person more than you intended.