Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in Gaydar?
Ok Simon, I realised you were talking about Genz's situation on the train, that was tactless. Some people are tactless... unfortunately. And I know what you're saying about people you don't know making remarks that can be totally devastating, in offices, in the street even. I once had a woman come up to me (I was fully masked and disguised for a parade) and start yelling at me that the Lord will send me to hell for what I am... She doesn't know me from Adam, and she just assumes I'm gay because I'm in a fancy dress parade? Come on! Get real, woman! I felt really hurt though by such disdain and such gratuitous hatred.

princealbertofb Wrote:Ok Simon, I realised you were talking about Genz's situation on the train, that was tactless. Some people are tactless... unfortunately. And I know what you're saying about people you don't know making remarks that can be totally devastating, in offices, in the street even. I once had a woman come up to me (I was fully masked and disguised for a parade) and start yelling at me that the Lord will send me to hell for what I am... She doesn't know me from Adam, and she just assumes I'm gay because I'm in a fancy dress parade? Come on! Get real, woman! I felt really hurt though by such disdain and such gratuitous hatred.

Great we agree:biggrin:

Oui, Monsieur, nous sommes d'accord. Wink

Do you think Anderson Cooper is gay? If so, you have good Gaydar or subscribe to Out Magazine. If not, you may need to work on it. I tend to assume all guys are gay unless I see them staring at a woman's breasts. I'm an optimist.

Gaydar is like one of those old TV antennas. You have to position it just right, point it in just the right direction, and have just enough aluminum foil attached to it for it to work. Otherwise, the image you get is blurry or full of static.

I like to think I'm gaydar-proof lol But I guess just because nobody has mentioned anything so far doesn't mean they don't think I might be gay or something... I wish I knew better.
My own gaydar, on the other hand, is pretty much non-existent.Rolleyes

LiZaRD_PlaNET Wrote:Gaydar is like one of those old TV antennas. You have to position it just right, point it in just the right direction, and have just enough aluminum foil attached to it for it to work. Otherwise, the image you get is blurry or full of static.
I quite like the old wire coat-hanger trick ... Wink

My Gaydar is broken most of the time, but I found that if I open up a conversation with someone; I can usually figure out whether they are gay or not. I enjoy eating at restaurants because it gives me the chance to engage the male waiters in conversation and guess what their sexual orientation is.

I have encounter straight guys that I would have sworn were gay if alone and not all over their girlfriends, and gay guys I probably couldn't have guessed... though a lot of gay guys I've met, I could usually tell, but that was usually more through being able to see the obvious as opposed to any type of secret radar. Sometimes I wish I did have gaydar because maybe it'd be easier to meet guys in a rural area like this!

So, you people with the sixth sense please enlighten us darless with your expertise and tell us how you can tell.