Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in God?
brybry87 Wrote:I see the Divine in everyone and in everything. Within me and outside of me, it's both masculine and feminine. It's both light and dark, has many names or none at all.

I know it's a bit cheesy, right? lol Rolleyes

Not at all.

brybry87 Wrote:I'm a Neo-Pagan, so my beliefs and spirituality will differ from the average Judeo-Christian faiths.

I grew up Roman Catholic, but after awhile it didn't really fit with my view of the world. Believing in an angry god who constantly judges your every move is not how I want to view my world.

I see the Divine in everyone and in everything. Within me and outside of me, it's both masculine and feminine. It's both light and dark, has many names or none at all.

I know it's a bit cheesy, right? lol Rolleyes

Not cheesy or corny in the least.

For what its worth, I find the neo-pagan religions to be some of the most beautiful, interesting and accepting of all religious creeds. A good portion of my friends are Wiccans, or follow one of the other paths like Asatru, neo-Druidism and the like.

But this is coming from a cranky, old atheist heathen :biggrin:

Hello,
I personally dont believe in any god I beleive when we die we just carry on in this world but in a spiritual form.... l watched both my great grandparents die and they didnt say god is here taking me over now... They spoke about loved ones waiting the other side to welcome them and it was so peaceful...

Miss them everyday but i know they are safe with their loved ones

I watched my father die. I do think there is a god and that all our loved ones are in heaven when they pass over.

Yes. I believe in God and Heaven. I don't however, agree with everything I have heard in some churches or certain points-of-view by the Religious Right, etc.

I do believe in God. I was born in a Catholic family. I don't think everything that the Catholic Church teaches is right. I do go to Mass though, very often. There is something there that gives me peace and strength...and I do pray all the time. I gotta say I love being in a Catholic Church...it's so beautiful.
I definitely do feel God's presence.....I wouldn't pray and keep going there if I didn't.

I also went to Medjugorje when I was a boy....I remember when I got out of the car I felt this amazing peace and immense love.....it was amazing. The best experience in my life. Later as a teen I read more about Marian Apparition and I found out this is a common thing people experience in places like that.

I had a little trouble during my teen years because I thought that because of what I felt in prayer and Medjugorje it meant that I should follow all the rules of the Catholic Church...but then I relaized there is no way to do that...and I relaized being gay is part of who I am. So today I don't go to confession nor do I think being gay is a sin......definitely don't believe in the whole eternal hell thing....I think we will all go to purgatory and then heaven. I did feel heaven in Medjugorje and let me tell you guys it's amazing. I think God let me experience that to show me how much he loves me and to give me hope through life....because there were some horrible things that happened to me after that and that experience definitely did help me to get through everything.

Short answer = no. Confusedmile: I won't get into this topic because I tend to argue my points quite a lot and can upset a lot of people.