Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in gods?
Im a scientist, so my answer is no.

No, not really. I don't know if any exist, i don't know if we even can know if any exist, but personally, i don't see any good reason to believe they do, at least not as of yet.

Hi WhatsInAName,

Your question is no surprise. It is asked often. Since no one can answer that for sure, one should consider that for those who do believe in one Creator of the universe, that we as part of His creations do not know if He is alone or one of many gods. What we do believe is He is the creator of the universe we exist in. In the first book of the Bible called Genesis (and if you can find any books older than this that offer an explanation for the creation of the universe, please send me the title and author) in Chapter 1, verse 26 it says "...Let Us make man in Our image...." clearly indicating that God was not alone, Us & Our.

In comparison to something closer to all of us, when we feel we have created something let's say a house, a family, or monogamous relationship, we tend to feel it is ours. Things will impact and effect all of these, weather, independent thinking of other family members, even our significant other not cooperating in the relationship at times. However, none of that changes that these were our creations. Man can do what he wants and believe what he wants. It is not going to change the fact that it is still all part of God's creation.

Religion is obviously one of the world's most controversial subjects. I am just grateful that I am not asked by God to judge anyone. That will be His responsibility. I am just supposed to love everyone and that I try to do to the best of my ability. I pray for all humanity and that includes you.

I believe, but not in the way most of us were taught.

I believe in energy. I believe in the flux and flow of that energy, and in it's natural inclination to always seek balance. I believe this is how 'karma' works, for example.

I do not believe in ubiquitous deity or an omnipresent "supreme being" that either alone, or with other such beings/deity, directs our lives and holds judgement over us and our actions.

I dont feel all that strongly that there is or isnt a god. Its not even agnostic, i feel very little struggle over it. Im more like apatheist. Its neither important nor interesting to me.

I grew up in a very secular home where I was taught to value, believe in, and put my energy into this life, this earth, and the people sharing it with me. Those things give me more than enough inspiration, awe, humility, pride, anger, and grief. Maybe when I get older Ill spend more time thinking about what might go on beyond those things.

I think that stance falls more under the no category than the yes.

The pursuit of science is absolutely spiritual in nature. Science constantly proves to us that everything in this universe makes perfect sense. It proves to us the existence of God. And as humanity, we will never give up on the pursuit of science; it is in our nature, for we are supernatural beings.

The point of science is not to prove that the supernatural isn’t touchable; it's point is to prove that it is. That is exactly it's purpose. And why then would the supernatural even exist, if its point is not to be touchable?

Yes AND no.

G-d exists. Can not say how or prove otherwise. I don't consider it a belief, for me it's a fact.
Does G-d play a part in my life? Not really. He's given me everything I need and more and I do okay. I think it's like when you let the cat outside. You know he's coming back, you don't have to follow him around to make sure of that. G-d and me are like that.

But is he the center of my life? Not exactly. I'm in the life he gave me. Maybe I'm G-d's cat?

JohnSomebody Wrote:I don't believe in gods but I do believe in the Almighty God himself.
Not only do I believe..
I am living proof of what will happen if you don't believe...
You'll get darker and darker..
Then more and more bitter...
Its just awful!!

I don't even know what the fuck 'god' means.

I believe in dog. In Dog We Trust. A yummy crusty old Aussie I know used to say that.