Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you complain about bad food ?
If they did something wrong or didn't give me what I asked for, I will say something.

If it's just horrible food, horrible service, or whatever......I write a formal complaint letter to company headquarters.

80% of the time, I get a free meal from complaints like that.....I go to a different location or give it to a friend to use.

I've been lucky (but then I don't eat out that much)...wait, I got food poisoning from a crab I got at Long John Silvers, and I knew it was that (rather than just a virus as I'd first assumed) because I saved some of the delicious crab for later only to get sick again when I finished it (my girlfriend had also gotten sick from the first time she ate her crab when we ate there together). I reported it via phone to them and the manager lost any interest in what I had to say when he realized I was only reporting it so they could deal with it other than I was calling to let them know I'd be suing. And it apparently didn't stop until the food poisoning made it into the papers a couple of weeks later.

Only once did I find the food inedible. But in that case it was very cheap and no one could speak English (just to get an order I had to hold up 4 fingers and say "cuatro" to get meal order #4). I considered it an experiment anyway as it was very cheap but the place was filthy and I finally just left the food, refusing to even take it back with me for later as it was so nasty. I saw no point in complaining due to the language barrier (what was I going to do, making retching motions saying "Muy malo! Cena el diablo! *"? :tongue: ), so I left and never returned. They went out of business just a few months later.

(*I THINK that's Spanish for "Very bad! Supper of the devil!")

There was once I almost said something. A locally owned sandwich shop made edible sandwiches but charged way too much for them and the bread tore way too easily. The guy who owned it was very temperamental about his business and I didn't see how he could fix it as the economy was hurting everyone and he was probably cutting corners just to stay afloat like everyone else so I just stopped going. It would've been fine for about half the price (which would still be more than Subway charged for the same thing), however. Had he not displayed anger management issues in front of me I'd have told him, but instead I just stopped going (though as the shop is conveniently by a bus stop I'd given him 2 more chances after the first, none of them better).

synonymous Wrote:What do you guys do when you find hair in your food?

Like I said, I hardly eat out anymore, but I remember years ago when
I ate at McDanks I found a curly hair in my chicken nuggets.

Yum.

Pick it out and eat it anyway. The cooks are only human.

I will complain but will not turn it into a scene.

If food is bad it is bad and should be stated during early detection of yuck!
COMPLAINING IS GOOD
Let's the people who made it know that it's shit!
I got an iced mocca once... It was warm I complained they made it again and I got my money back cos of it.
I work in a cafe and if there is anything wrong whit what I've made I wana know about it so I don't do it next time!

synonymous Wrote:What do you guys do when you find hair in your food?

Like I said, I hardly eat out anymore, but I remember years ago when
I ate at McDanks I found a curly hair in my chicken nuggets.

Yum.

Haha! I'm gonna scream if it'd me. Big Grin My goshhh!

Cuddly Wrote:Pick it out and eat it anyway. The cooks are only human.

Dont you like hairy nuggets????Rofl

Don't really eat out that much, but if I'd notice or feel something in the food, I'm not gonna eat it anymore. Smile I don't give a s*** to it really, coz It'll be twice the waste. Smile

synonymous Wrote:Gotta love McDanks ;]

Hmmm...us Aussies call it 'Slack Maccas'

I never go back there. I knwo I should complains ot hey know where they're going wrong, but I'd rather see them fail in the long run.