Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you do a good job of looking after yourself?
Tulloni Wrote:Also I am probably the only gay man in existence who leaves his place a total mess...

Nope, you're not alone. Every room I've had, whether it be at home or school, has been an absolute disaster, and I honestly don't care that much, at least not enough to do more than sweep once in a while.

As far as taking care of myself goes, yeah I can do some cooking and stuff, and I know I can hold down a job although I've never done more than part-time. It's kind of scary actually, but five years from now I'll be on my feet doing all those boring grownup things that everyone complains about haha

You're not alone, buddy! If you weren't taught these things during your childhood, it's not reasonable to expect to be able to just do it all now that you're on your own.

It sounds like you're really beating yourself up, and that has to change before anything else.

I have survived 56 years of adolescence, guerrilla-bush-war, bikes, bitch-queens at the club and myself....

Still got 10 fingers and 10 toes. The only thing I've lost is my sanity (which you all know anyway)......

Think I'm doin OK.... Nuff said? Rofl

We mostly do carry out and restaurant hopping. When a button falls off it's time to give the shirt or pants away. Clothes aren't that expensive unless you buy them at Saks or Bergdorf Goodman. Ironing is a bitch. We have Mr. Fab to do the dry cleaning and that includes sewing. With a messy home, we recommend a bear housekeeper who comes to your house once a week. Check your gay center for that perfect recommendation.

Mh... This topic is more about the 'housekeeping'...
I'm in the middle.
The thing is I don't like cooking, I really don't care too much about food (LOL not a typical Italian), I don't like ironing clothes etc. Also I'm a creative, so generally around me there's a 'creative chaos'. For example in these days my "living room" is full of cans of paint, canvases, paper etc, like an Art-laboratory.
When I'm at home alone my look is horrible (Art-craft style).

But on the other hand, being perfectionist and having a chaotic head, I hate the idea of living in a dirty and chaotic space, having messy clothes etc. So except for the Art tools I try to keep everything tidy, clean everyday or every week etc, as needed.
Also about the food, I'm not into food or cooking but in general I prefer skip a lunch/dinner rather than having something that I don't like, so I cook simple things like white meat with stoved vegetables, or a piadina wrap blahblah.

About things like 'sewing' it depends, I'm good with my hands and I like to do things by myself, (for a stupid-pride-psychological reason like: Hey? where's the problem on doing something like this? You use to do more and more complicated things...) even with a tutorial, so...
But if there's something that requires a specific level of ability I ask to someone with that level.

I do rely very heavily on my partner when it comes to food. I simply cannot cook and all attempts end in disaster (the kitchen looks like a war zone if I've been in there).

I'm okay with cleaning, washing and ironing and I'm quite disciplined at taking exercise and keeping my weight under control.

Domestic shit I can do and do well...

So in that I will take care of the house, do laundry and cook... mind if I don't have anyone to cook for I won't eat anything...

I'm lousy at taking care of my health... I push myself until I break... I flat refuse to take it easy... This is a self destructive behavior and I am well aware of it... Mind I would also drink oceans of alcohol and do mountains of meth if I was certain I could get away with it. there are still a couple people in my life who would intervene to one level or another.

So in that area I do very lousy....