Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you eat at Macdonalds?
Uneunsae Wrote:Twist, I am barely able to maintain my 108 lbs also. It it our heritage or something else? I don't have to eat 8000 calories, though. Whew.

Maybe both in my case? I was diagnosed with a hyper-metabolism as a child and it never went away. I'm also hypoglycemic, so I really have to keep up with it or end up getting hauled off to the hospital.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Maybe both in my case? I was diagnosed with a hyper-metabolism as a child and it never went away. I'm also hypoglycemic, so I really have to keep up with it or end up getting hauled off to the hospital.

Ahh, I have a mild case of hypoglycemia. Luckily, I've never had to be hospitalized because of it. How do you get a dx of hyper-metabolism? I've always thought that was the case with me. I'm worried that I will get dangerously underweight after my surgery as I won't be able to eat solids for a couple of weeks. I have a juicer but that doesn't mesh well with my system (traditional medicine explains why). I guess I will have to drink a lot of gross protein powder in almond milk or something. My surgeon should give me tips. It's difficult since I'm lactose intolerant.

Oops, I didn't mean to diverge from the OT. Sorry.

Uneunsae Wrote:Ahh, I have a mild case of hypoglycemia. Luckily, I've never had to be hospitalized because of it. How do you get a dx of hyper-metabolism? I've always thought that was the case with me. I'm worried that I will get dangerously underweight after my surgery as I won't be able to eat solids for a couple of weeks. I have a juicer but that doesn't mesh well with my system (traditional medicine explains why). I guess I will have to drink a lot of gross protein powder in almond milk or something. My surgeon should give me tips. It's difficult since I'm lactose intolerant.

Oops, I didn't mean to diverge from the OT. Sorry.

To be honest? I have no idea. I would guess you have to find the right doctor. Since I was little when my parents were trying to figure it out, it was more them and their challenge. By the time I was old enough I was taking care of myself, it was a well established part of my medical records.

With your surgery I definitely recommend the protein powder and almond milk. Also, look into some high carbohydrate options, if you can (I know gluten makes that more difficult). If you're going to be sedentary, the carbs will help you in holding onto your weight.

Thank you. Smile

Uneunsae Wrote:Thank you. Smile

You're welcome, man. I hope it helps. Smile

mookytx Wrote:I hate ya'll I look at bread and gain weight. Just kidding I love ya

AGREED

Budgeting 2000 calories per day and if I don't exercise I will gain wait.

Just keep in mind that we can get health probs from being underweight. Be careful what you wish for. Smile

Iceblink Wrote:As far as fast food goes, I love In-N-Out Burger already mentioned here, but they are only found in the southwestern states of the U.S. , California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Texas. If you do not have one near you already, it is unlikely you will ever see one coming to your area. They do not franchise and will not open new locations on credit. The only open new stores when they have enough money on hand to completely pay for them which means expansion is slow. They also have no freezers or microwaves, so their restaurants have to be very close to a distribution center. I spend half of my time in California and look forward to occasionally treating myself to the sin of one of their tasty burgers. They also pay their employees very well compared to other fast food restaurants so I like to give them my business.

I love how they cut the potato right after you order to make the fries...talk about fresh!...and they do it right in openly so you can see it happening...

I have one by my house and also by my shop..their meat doesn't taste awful either. I really don't like beef too much but theirs tastes good...and it isn't real thick. I also like the big rings of onions they put on it. I can eat onions raw...I love them.

I go through mcdonalds binges. You see I live a 1 minute walk from mcdonalds, so its easy to go and eat there all the time. Then when I start feeling guilty, I live a 1 minute walk from my grocery store, so I will binge eat from the grocery store, its like some sort of weird cycle lol.

hmmm I'm still gonna eat McDonald's...basically as long as it tastes good I don't really care and when I'm in the mood for fast food McDonald's is the tastiest.