Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you find the term Guncle offensive?
Guncle = Gay Uncle. Although it's intended in jest or as a term of endearment. The term Guncle seems offensive to me. I wouldn't call my Chinese uncle a Chuncle or my quadriplegic niece a quadriniece...

So what do you think? Guncle, offensive or not?

It's the funniest word I have ever heard!!!

Actually, Quadrineice sounds like a superhero's name to me!!!

Ive never heard the terms Gunkle or Chunkle before. They are kind of funny sounding, but I would never use them.

I dont like the slaughter of decent English language into something lazy.

Plus, WHY would you refer to your Uncle as Gay Uncle???? What the hell does him preferring men have to do with anything, unless you are the one dating him!

He's Uncle Bob, or Uncle Sam, or Uncle whoever.....not "Gay" Uncle Bob.....to me, THAT is rude and offensive.

I will be honest with you , I never heard of it before. Confusedmile:

I want to be someone's guncle and I hope they call me guncle. Everyone should have a guncle. And while we're at it, a launt too.

Edit: Actually I'd have to be a Buncle, which I think sounds even funnier.

I laughed so yes it should be said more often.

i think it can also be used for biologically unrelated family.

I wouldn't object to my boyfriends 9 year old half-sister calling me her guncle.
Its better than -kind-of-half-brother-in-law

Only time I've heard guncle is here, honestly I wouldn't want to bee called guncle - too much like gunkle - gunk - crud- yuck. As in "Your car would run better if you got the guncle out of the carburetor."

Hahaha...Honestly ive never heard of the term "Guncle" before but to me its hilarious.
I wouldn't care if my nephew refereed to me as his "Guncle" because yeah im gay and what of it and if his able to say this to his friends etc, it just shows his being brought up as a decent human being who is accepting and tolerant.

I just heard of it now, and i'm kind of smirking. it sounds so funny when you say it out loud.