Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys honestly truly think this world is becoming more excepting?
Well what's your opinions on this?, is the world more excepting, are the adult gays and teen gays making a difference? if so, how?, im just curious if things truly are getting better and its not just talk, ya know?:confused:

Excepting or accepting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

In the year you were born I was 26 years of age. 1992.

When I was your age, the notion of gays being allowed to marry anywhere was as far fetched as the sun rising in the west and setting in the east.

In 1992 Gays could not Marry in Canada, Nor anywhere for that matter.

In many states of the USA there were sodomy laws, you could be arrested for having sex with a man.

2003 the Federal Government Struck down Sodomy laws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws...ted_States

October 1998 Mathew Shepherd was beaten and hung on a fence to die.... This spurred Hate Crime Legislation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard aimed at protecting the gay.

Just this year (2011) 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' was repealed, it was set in motion a year after you were born, prior to that there was a strict - No Gay in military policy where they could ask and you had to tell. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_ask,_don%27t_tell

Parts of this world are indeed a lot more accepting - well on paper. And there is continual change. While Russia is daring to make 'gay propaganda' illegal, other parts of the world are fighting and winning such things as 'gay marriage'.

Most of this positive change has taken place in your lifetime.

For some of the world the changes are positive, and do expect to find your lifetime seeing gay marriage across the USA and most of the 'free' world. Expect to see the rest of the world under political pressure to accept gays.

I dont think TEENS are ACCEPTING yet cus they are still bashing and beating down gays for no apparent reason. Teens still dont understand nor do they want to understand the situation. but I agree ith everything that boyn said though. just anted to add my piece on teens.

its becoming more accepted as time goes on. gay marriage is being legalized and its just becoming a "normal' thing. if you can call anything in this world normal.

ivorybenz Wrote:I dont think TEENS are ACCEPTING yet cus they are still bashing and beating down gays for no apparent reason. Teens still dont understand nor do they want to understand the situation. but I agree ith everything that boyn said though. just anted to add my piece on teens.

Teens live in their own world.

Smile

For example, they'll pick on a fat kid, just because he's fat. But there have been fat kids since the beginning of time. So teens are a bad barometer of social progress.

Times are as good as they have ever been for gays (unless you count Greek times, but I'm not sure...)

Wink

Supposedly things are getting more accepting, but we're nowhere where we should be.
I mean I remember what happened when Ellen Degeneres came out and the hostile response that she got and now she's one of Americas favorite comediennes (though she doesn't talk about her sexuality much)
I sometimes wonder if gay rights organizations are focusing too much on marriage and the military while gay teens are killing themselves. But maybe focusing on these things has led to progress. We have a long way to go.

I wonder if Britain is more accepting. I really want to know that since I've always felt more comfortable and at home in that country.

Person66 Wrote:I wonder if Britain is more accepting. I really want to know that since I've always felt more comfortable and at home in that country.

I certainly think Britain is a more tolerant country. Also good manners means much is left unsaid. The traditional means of dealing with a difficult issue in Britain is to fudge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

linky:
google ( countries tolerant of gay)

ty796 Wrote:is the world more accepting ... things truly are getting better and its not just talk
-positive changes for the established developed countries
-for the population <35years old

ty796 Wrote:... are the teen gays making a difference? if so, how?
surprise! they found out they have difficulties loving all of gods creatures under their rainbow.

ty796 Wrote:... are the adult gays
just due to bad parenting, limited options, gay men tend to be self limiting.

I think times are getting better. Not great, just better.