Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you hate it when....
you meet somebody you really like and you're not sure if they are gay or not. I'm not sure if this is just me but it drives me crazy as I'm pretty shy normally and would never have the balls to ask another guy out never mind ask him about his sexuality.

Like last Saturday night on the town with a few friends (the straight scene) and I was introduced to a guy who I clicked with. He doens't know I'm gay and I have straight mannerisms (which bugs me sometimes). We just really hit it off and just talked and danced all night. He's not particularly good looking or even the type I'd normally go for but he is very funny and down to earth not to mention having a good heart. I really can't stop thinking about the guy. He even texted me the next day to say what a good time he had. He's 25 and i'm only 18 but I know I felt a connection. When I asked my mate who introduced us if it's possible he's gay she said she doesn't know. It's a real shame because I would never have the courage to ask him so technically I'll never know.

Plus I'll be meeting up with him for a weekend in a couple of months and it's gonna drive me insane as I think it's possible I've fallen for the guy.

Does this do anyone else's head in when it happens?

You danced with him? He sent you a text message the next day letting you know he enjoyed being with you?

Smells like coffee to me Wink

Lol do you think? Hmm..I thought he was just being nice. We weren't dancing 'intimately' just fooling around but he did seem to dance exclusively with me....grr arrrgh I'
m confuzzled lol

Asking someone if their gay? - Gayspeak.com | Gay Community | Gay Forums | Gay Chat

Their you go a good way to ask someone

It definitely sounds like he's interested in keeping in touch AND contact with you, which is a positive step towards the building of a relationship on ANY level (whether as friends if there's nothing more to it, or with avenues to opening doors leading onto other things if there IS mileage to it) ... so I'd say just enjoy spending time with him, and let the is he gay/straight thing develop naturally - perhaps he'll show you things that will help you either make up your mind, or pluck-up the courage to talk to him about it further down the line ... Smile

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

The age difference got me thinking... Maybe he's also thinking about it, you're seven years younger, you act straight (you say) and maybe he's having doubts about you being gay yourself. So unless you make it clear to him that you are, then he's not going to have any more chances of telling you HE is. I'd go with Shadow's advice... See a bit more or him, see how much you enjoy each other's company and then see how things develop. You may find the courage to tell him you're gay (you DON'T have to tell him you have a crush on him, though, if you feel it'll make things difficult for him -- or for you).

Thanks Shadow and princealbertofb, they're some words of wisdom right there. I have plans to meet up with him and a group of friends again in a few weeks so I'll have to see how things develop with us.

It's just driving me insane as he's texted me since a few times and although I get excited when i get a text from him I also feel very down as I know I may never be with him....hmm, I guess there is hope though.

I'll just have to see how things go in the future........thanks again guys Big Grin