Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know any Super Straights?
This might be one of the stranger threads I start.
People say that if someone is really truly straight, then they aren't homophobic in the slightest because they shouldn't have anything to worry about. Why concern yourself with LGBT stuff if it doesn't relate to you at all? Or maybe someone who's so secure in their straightness, that they wouldn't fear doing something potentially gay because they know they won't feel anything from it. Of course, not everyone's like this. I'm sure there are plenty of straight people who are a little homophobic and wary of gay stuff, not because they have a gay side of them they don't want to come out, but because they are straight and gay stuff just makes them uncomfortable. But for the people who fear nothing gay in anyway, we'll call them Super Straights. I'm curious if you guys know any Super Straights or have heard any Super Straight stories. The idea came to me when I was watching an episode of Game Grumps and one of the guys, Arin, admitted that he was part of a club of guys who just showed each other their dicks because they knew they wouldn't feel anything from it. At first I thought "That's the gayest thing I've ever heard.", but now I'm thinking it's pretty damn straight.

Just out of curiosity, why did Arin and his friends form this club (or did he mean clique?) then? And how old were they?

As for knowing any "super straights" (as you call them), I've known plenty. Though there was this one straight woman, I'm not sure how she'd fit into this, she was okay with gay but she'd get upset when lesbians (at least me) didn't worship her looks (not that she wanted anything to happen, she just wanted to be desirable).

Offhand, the most extreme one I know told me that he stood up to bullies all the time growing up, including on behalf of kids openly gay. And he actually tried to make himself bisexual as an adult by having sex with men though he just wasn't that attracted but he did give it up as hopeless after awhile.

Pix Wrote:Just out of curiosity, why did Arin and his friends form this club (or did he mean clique?) then? And how old were they?

In the video it's explained. They were always made fun of and called gay, so one of them had the "brilliant" idea to form a club where they show each other their dicks. They were about 19.

Yeah ive known a super straight… always wanted me to wear shorts to work… and other stuff. You couldnt get more straight.

TonyAndonuts Wrote:In the video it's explained. They were always made fun of and called gay, so one of them had the "brilliant" idea to form a club where they show each other their dicks. They were about 19.

Okay.

I misunderstood. I thought you were watching this with others when one said they'd done something similar.

I do, but mostly in passing and acquaintance or probably at work.

I have a fairly even number of gay/lgbtq and straight friends. My
straight friends might be straight, but they're not narrow minded.

The majourity here is straight. Cant say they're all 100% straight, if I'm to go by this standard, but I just know I'm part of the 10% or less of out gay or bi people here (that I know, which is relatively enough statistically speaking) and so yes, I know many straight people.

One of my co-workers at our local Aquarium/Zoo , who I actually had a crush on and confessed to, told me straight up, he doesnt mind gay guys, he's very open minded, but doesnt want them getting in his pants. Which I appreciate, because not only was he honest and respectful, unlike many guys here, didnt kick my ass.

So i suppose he would count as a "super straight", as he is my friend, even knowing I like(well got over it since then) him.

They're around perhaps lol

I work with people who literally pretend to have sex with each other, but aren't gay, if that answers your question. Though, honestly, I always wonder if perhaps a few of them might be bisexual..

I think I know one..in person

And Josh Hutcherson said a particular line I really liked..and I quote:

“Maybe I could say right now I’m 100% straight. But who knows? In a f**king year, I could meet a guy and be like, Whoa, I’m attracted to this person. I've met guys all the time that I’m like, Damn, that’s a good-looking guy, you know?” he added. “I’ve never been, like, Oh, I want to kiss that guy. I really love women. But I think defining yourself as 100% anything is kind of near-sighted and close-minded.”

I really appreciate straight guys who are non judgmental about LGBTQ. It makes them more attractive...

It shows they are very secure and fair as persons