Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know what is the use of your appendix?
meridannight Wrote:well, might be. they're still doing research on it, we'll see how it goes.

i've got mine intact anyway.

I've also believed that if it's there, it's there for a purpose so leave it alone.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I think appendix scars are quite sexy..
Well most of em...

They took mine away from me. It almost popped.
I bid NO Trump!

I have my appendix, but no footnotes.

Alto Wrote:The purpose of mine was to try and kill me and it very nearly succeded.. I didn't go to the hospital till the very last moment, I was trying to convince myself I had a tummy ache, turned out I had full blown appendicitis

there has always been talk that it has a purpose, maybe it does, I would rather not know about it.

No, that wasn't the purpose of yours but obviously if you have appendicitis then it needs to be attended to but some doctors remove it as a matter of routine liked during my childhood it was routine to remove the tonsils.

It would be an interesting study see how the immune system has been affected between those who still have their appendix and those who don't.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Anocxu Wrote:What boggled me about the Appendix mystery was..
Doctors and Scientists claimed it was pointless. . Yet .. they kept funding researches to find its purpose..

"We Don't know at this time " would have saved tons of time , money and embarrassment.

It rather originates from the fact that analogous organs from related animals serve a primary function that is rendered obsolete in humans. It is more likely that this function of the appendix as a lymph node is a rather recent evolutionary appendage.