Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you like the new Chatbox?
If it helps, from my experience with forums and putting chatbox's up I found it reduced the content being produced on the actual forum, meaning less spider food.

Cmon guys - we said if the chatbox was causing problems we'd rather have it removed - as far as I am aware since it has been removed nobody (except possibly Joseph - FJP do you know if he has tried deleting temporary files etc - failing that asking his sister again?) has had problems with the site.

If this is the reason it has gone lets give Andy a break - he's doing a hell of a lot of work for us!!

CardShark Wrote:If it helps, from my experience with forums and putting chatbox's up I found it reduced the content being produced on the actual forum, meaning less spider food.

BiPenny Wrote:Cmon guys - we said if the chatbox was causing problems we'd rather have it removed - as far as I am aware since it has been removed nobody (except possibly Joseph - FJP do you know if he has tried deleting temporary files etc - failing that asking his sister again?) has had problems with the site.

If this is the reason it has gone lets give Andy a break - he's doing a hell of a lot of work for us!!

CardShark, I have seen it go both ways. With a smaller site like this with new members being added it sometimes gets a newbies attention if someone is saying hi to them personally in the ChatBox...

I know for certain that when a site puts up games then productivity in the forums drops dramatically - I have seen this in every smallish site that goes the game route!

BiPenny, totally agree with you about removing the ChatBox if it is/was the problem but if I am not wrong the problems started way before the chatbox was added, I might be wrong.

Guess we are all asking if the CB went down due to another problem or if Andy took it down becasue he thought it was causing problems or what???

If the CB is gone that is cool but just curious what is going on with the site.

On joseph, he has done everything we can think of. He has had success entering the site and using all its function with the CB on. Sometimes he cant get on at all, and sometimes he can only get into the ChatRoom.

The only other thing I have suggested is that he try to create a new account and see if starting over makes anything better...

I have asked about this as a possibility but dont know if adding a new account needs a different computer or different email account or what??? Am still waiting on those questions to be answered.

There are a few others that I havent seen in some time... of course no one knows if they are busy or cant get in. Maybe we can all start emailing or messengering close friends so see if they are having problems accessing the site as well.

just a thought.

Actually.. I think the problems did stem from the chatbox.. and they have seemed to have disappeared since its removal.

Yup since the removal of chat box (RIP) I've not had a single problem with the site. Each page loads fine. Confusedmile:

Thanks again Andy *big hug* we all appreciate the hard work you put into the place despite your traumatic commutes to work and back etc. xx

Ek weet nie hoekom dit verkry verwyder en nou Ek mis dit.Ek hoop dat my mansvriend is nie teleurgesteld.Dit was 'n goeie idee.

Dan1089 Wrote:Ek weet nie hoekom dit verkry verwyder en nou Ek mis dit.Ek hoop dat my mansvriend is nie teleurgesteld.Dit was 'n goeie idee.

Hehe I understand bits and pieces of that Confusedmile:

Smurlos Wrote:Yup since the removal of chat box (RIP) I've not had a single problem with the site. Each page loads fine. Confusedmile:

LoLz for saying the ''RIP''! Love these kind of responses you said with 3 three letters you dont want it back.Thumbgrin

I just got an email form fjp999 he has ashed that I pass it on.

Opened the computer today, about 2.5 hours ago and having trouble from the very start. Showed a blank page at first. Finally got the main page to load but couldn't access anything. Once or twice I could click onto a member page or a thread and it would work but mostly bring up a blank page or a couple times the GS System Message page saying : The server is too busy at the moment. So I don't know if it is the server or just another issue.

I can get to the PM page sometimes and sometimes it just brings up a blank page. I cant read any of my messages...

Joseph is having the same trouble again. We could both access the ChatRoom. Yar tells me that chatbox is back up but it wasnt there earlier.

I am getting email updates so if anyone has suggestions please send them or email mI am getting email updates so if anyone has suggestions please send them or email me directly.

thanks

hope this helps

It seems like its a problem at their end, considering I haven't had any trouble this side and no one else seems to be complaining.

I would suggest trying to run CClean, deleting all the temporary files and cookies.
But if that doesn't fix it I think a lot more detail would be required to find the issue.