Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you make your own bread
I posted a thread about this some time ago but can't find it.

I have up until now, used a bread making machine but I have just changed by method very slightly. I still use the machine but only for the kneading proess. Before the last hour is up I take out the mixture and transfer it to a baking pan and then finish it off in the gas oven. I like the results. It gives a somewhat crustier loaf. It's delicious of course!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That looks soo awesome! Big Grin
I tried to make my own pizza dough a few times, but after repeatedly making pepperoni biscuit I gave up :*(.

SilverBullet Wrote:That looks soo awesome! Big Grin
I tried to make my own pizza dough a few times, but after repeatedly making pepperoni biscuit I gave up :*(.

There are plenty of helpful videos available:

Don't give up

I do mine mostly by hand. Kneading is a fine art... one I fear that is is being lost by dependance upon machines to do what God intended humans to do.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I do mine mostly by hand. Kneading is a fine art... one I fear that is is being lost by dependance upon machines to do what God intended humans to do.

Shut up! Now you're making me feel guilty! At least I do make my own bread rather then buy it. And as far as your last remark is concerned, God never intended me to do anything because he doesn't exist.

No one can make you feel something you do not want to feel.

OK girls the carbs got the better of you? Laugh

I love sourdough because of it's higher glycemic index and the wonderful flavor. Wavey I've only made the starter once, now if I want some I just ask around locally through FB for who has one going.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I wish I knew how to make my own bread, tried a few times but I failed at it every time, I just came to the conclusion that bread making is not something I'm good at.

jogu656 Wrote:I wish I knew how to make my own bread, tried a few times but I failed at it every time, I just came to the conclusion that bread making is not something I'm good at.

A bread making machine makes it simplicity itself. I've just decided to make it in a slightly different way to add my own touch of creativity.