Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need sex?
So Davey Wavey uploaded this video like yesterday, I think.

And yeah - do you need sex? Will you be extremely unhappy if you hadn't had sex for 6 months or an year?

I think sex is something a person can live without, but shouldn't. Of course, priests are a different thing and I totally respect their choice.

Last question - what do you think of a 16 years-old boy and his girlfriend joining the church together, and, therefore, letting go of their love and of sex?

Sex?*Shrugs* Whats that?Wink

Does this couple love the church more than each other?!
Sorry I don't get how two teenagers are willing to join a church together(What do they think joining the church will do for them? Make them happy?) and just forget sex at such a young age, i'm guessing they might be virgins, aren't they curious what the fuss is about?:confused:

I guess i just don't see the situation as realistic, is someone you know going through this?(you aren't the girlfriend are you?:redfaceSmile
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I'm sure I could live without Sex. Now would I live without Sex? -Hums in thought- No.

Good luck to the two teenyboppers. Hopefully they're not making a huge error on their part, and if they were truly in love wouldn't they want to stay together? Confusion!

I absolutely need sex...I think it is a celebration of life from primal animal sex to tantric sex and everything in between..I am fairly certain I have never gone longer than a week since I was 14.

As for the young couple...and giving up love and sex...why would the church ask a young couple to do this would be my question..and if those are the terms I would reconsider joining that church. Instead...I would suggest to that young couple to free their mind...and the rest will follow. The church will instill shame, guilt and fear which will greatly hinder the rest of their lives.

No comment ....try going without sex for 11 years !!

Gareth125 Wrote:No comment ....try going without sex for 11 years !!

11 years...honestly? Are you speaking from experience?

Well, about the couple, it's a bit complicated. It is sort if real, sort of not real. I am thinking of including it in a romantic gay story I'm writing as something in the background and wanted to hear opinions. But I didn't like..completely make it up. And the story is/will be - the two have been together for a long time now and one day they go to church, the priest guys says stuff that make them think and now they are considering of joining the church as...I don't know exactly what; I have to ask.
And yeah, I also don't think this is a smart thing to do. I'd never do it if I was in this situation because although I believe there is a God or something like that, I would prefer to live for as long as I can and want to and have plenty of sex before I lay down in the coffin.

I am still a virgin and I'm doing fine without sex, but I know that once I actually try it will be much, much harder to hold back and live without the experience.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I think sex is something a person can live without, but shouldn't. Of course, priests are a different thing and I totally respect their choice.

Why are the priests different? They are human too. And I think if priests were allowed to have sex there wouldn't be so many sex scandals involving them (especially involving children!)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

@colinmackay Not that they are different. They have accepted their position and have voluntary agreed not to have sex, that's why I'm saying that they are a different thing. As for whether it'd be better if they were allowed to have sex, I don't really know. Maybe you are right. But it's too complicated.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:They have accepted their position and have voluntary agreed not to have sex, that's why I'm saying that they are a different thing. As for whether it'd be better if they were allowed to have sex, I don't really know. Maybe you are right. But it's too complicated.

So they voluntarily agree not to act on their natural urges. That is simply not healthy. They will constantly be telling themselves that they love God more and that makes everything okay. It is a form of denial. They are denying their ("God given") desires and urges to procreate.

I tried to do the same thing with my sexuality. I denied that I was gay for about 20 years. It caused a lot of mental stress trying to suppress all that. For me that leaked out in to comfort eating.

People deal with stresses in so many different ways and it seams to me that a number of priests end up releasing their pent up urges on the weaker memebers of their flock. The ones who are unlikely to fight back, who don't understand what is going on, who've been told to trust the priest.