Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you see a psychologist?
I'm surprised a topic for this has not been started. Does anyone here go for counseling?

I do and it really helps. I go to group therapy as well.

I'm having my first appointment tomorrow actually. I'm extremely nervous.

Nope.
I see a psychotherapist.:tongue:
Had a meeting today actually.
It really helps me feel better...but its hard to explain in what way.
I've been seeing psychotherapists for the last 4 years. Changed psychotherapists 3 times.

Its really help keep me...alive i guess. As to be honest i only get to talk "Properly" about the way i feel about my life and stuff IN real life with my psychotherapist. Not to say i haven't had some rough patches though.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Ingz Wrote:I'm having my first appointment tomorrow actually. I'm extremely nervous.
Good luck, Ingz.

No...they tried to send me to one back in school after I broke a guys nose, didn't go very. They brought in this guy to talk to me, I flipped him off and walked out.

I don't need an overpaid psychologist to tell me that I'm a little left of center, i know that and made my peace with it.

Here in Germany it is quite unusual to go to a psychiatrist and you have to have real problems to even to get an appointment.
This year I was there once ... because the normal doctor want to know, whether I have psychic damage caused by the chronic medication with morphine and heavy painkillers ..... the Temrin I had to wait 3 months. The only question was whether I want to kill me ... I said no ... * g and was healthy.
I think psychiatrists and psychologists are overrated

I went for stress counseling once at school, one of those free services the uni offers.

In a more embarrassing vein, I had a drug overdose once and had to be cleared by a psychologist as not being a threat to myself or others.

Those are the only two instances of counseling I've ever had. I'm also boring and don't touch drugs or drink anymore.

Nothing boring about not touching drugs and drink, Pip... It might actually make you a more fun person if you can tap into you real inner resources.

the docter told the pisycartirst to see me a bout feeling sad and things but im still waiting a long time

I saw a therapist for a couple sessions back when I had my breakdown. Before that and since then I have never been to a psychologist or other such person.