Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you still have vinyl records?
Start searching, you might have a hidden fortune:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/77144/10-...th-fortune
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I just started a vinyl collection here. Looking to get more eventually!

My grandad left a lot when he passed. So far my favorite is his Isaac Hayes collection.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

vinyl?! I still have 78's!
I bid NO Trump!

i bet half the people on the board don't know what vinyl is lol - its coming back stronger each year though with some really strong sales this last couple of years...
I have a large collection which I was building from around the age of 12 thx to the influence of older friends - im actually playing ZZ TOP as I type , the only cd versions available are based on remasteres which to be honest are frankly rubbish compared to the warm tones of the vinyl , I even have plenty of rare stuff myself - I do have The Eliminator LP picture disc that was brought out for their Donington Monsters of Rock appearance in 85...guess that's pretty hard to get hold of these days

I do know my mother has 4 original pressing of the Beatles ... I hope she has the Please Pease Me with the gold lettering...that would make her day

matty7 Wrote:i bet half the people on the board don't know what vinyl is lol

I think everyone knows what vinyl is.

Vinyl is long before my time. At home, I might listen to some of my daddy's (as in my father, not daddy in inverted commas) records (he's got some Fairport Convention records and he's also got that Mr. Blobby single for some reason) but I don't have a record player or any records, myself. I'm not a fucking savage.

You would be surprised Himself - i work with some younger lads and yes they do know what it is but they have never held a record and think its funny that vinyl is what we used to do to play music - Maybe i should have said never seen vinyl , that would have been better i guess

I still have all my vinyl records....one bookshelf full.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LONDONER Wrote:Start searching, you might have a hidden fortune:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/77144/10-...th-fortune

I don't think I have anything that is worth a lot of money, but I have certainly spent a lot of money on records over the past several years. I'd say one of the more interesting and rare items I have is Baz Luhrman's Sunscreen Song on a 12" single...I read somewhere there were only 1,000 copies made.

LJay Wrote:vinyl?! I still have 78's!

I have a few 78's... Couple Glenn Miller, Nat King Cole...Jimmy Dorsey and some others...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!