Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think I did something to him? | NEED ADVICE
I have a friend who is really a nice guy. We go to the same college, and although we never had the same class, we started talking after I said "hey" to him first and he said "hey" back.

Before that even happened, we use to pass each other all the time, but would acknowlege each other.

Fast forward during the year and a half of us talking, he would ask alot questions about me, and do nice gestures for me too. He was never disrespectful though. He was cool and really talented.

Sometimes I can tell when he's mad. Just from his facial expression. I 'm not sure why he gets mad but, I would just say "hey" to him and the next I see him he'll be back to his old self. This have happen on more than 1 occasions.

This summer, though. We I came back from break. He was acting really different towards me. Like, he's mad at me or something. He passes me by without no eye contact, no acknowledgment, nothing, doesn't really answer me when I say "hello". I was about to shake his hand twice and he never reached out.

I don't know why. At first I thought it was maybe something he's going through, but he only does this to me. He's cool with my sister (who goes to the same college) and they have 1 class together.

I mention this to her, and she tried to investigate, but got nothing solid back.

I just don't know. Did I do something to him?

Alright, first off... welcome to the forum! Now I'm not sure what this guy is going through. He's bottling it all up, I guess.

Thanks for the reply. It's really bothering me. I want to ask but I don't know how to react!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah. Hopefully he's not going to get really hostile with you or anything down the road. Now that wouldn't be good at all. Just keep your cool and don't get into things that might make him feel uncomfortable. He very well may be going through a phase in his life and he has to overcome it.

I know one time he had an angry look on his face, when I looked at him. It just kinda hurts that we use to talk now suddenly it's all over.

But your right. I'll give him some time. Your right, my sister did suspect something similiar

Yeah, just give it some time. Sorry if this is a bit off... my last partner used to be very very happy and almost was like me (kept his cool, easy-going, nice, etc.). Then all of a sudden, he develops this new personality and his anger gets the best of him. It's pretty odd and I wholeheartedly believe he is going through some kinda phase. In one of our last conversations, I told him to kill the attitude and he actually said no... I was very shocked. The funny thing is, his personality was very much like his mother's.

Yah, probably the best you can do is to give him some time. If it still doesn't work out, talk to him. Good luck. :]

Oh, yeah, welcome. :]