Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think gay society makes it more difficult to find a mate?
MisterTinkles Wrote:The question is meant to address the specific nature of "gay" society, and if you think all the stereotypical BS, lies, and headgames in this specific type of society have detramental effects on people of the same nature, but not majorly living in this specific society.

Sorry if I confused anybody.

but the stereotypical BS , lies and headgames aren't exclusive to gay society ...

Yeah, we gays are human and flawed like everyone else. Why should we have to be saints?

I realize our marriages & families tend to be better than straight families (at least in the USA) but I believe that's only because we have to fight so hard for them that it weeds out virtually all not devoted to the idea (as well as ensuring such relationships don't get taken for granted), and I'm certain that once gay marriage is as accepted as straight marriage that it will be reflected in ours becoming like the rest (likewise, if it was as hard for hets to marry and raise a family together the quality of those homes would also rise).

OK - at the risk...and "it seems to me"...and "IMHO"...&etc

Many straights have all these "rules and customs" to define things for them and fear motivation to adhere to them - Gay people simply do not. Therefor, it is in the individuals and the feelings they have and terms they come to naturally together. People are just people, two individuals encountering each other. Some established social structures start saying "Nope, you're not you, you're this this and this or you're not us" Even some pockets of gay society have that.
It also seems to me to be a case of the spiritually weak and the spiritually strong - whatever permutation one finds one occurs in....saint, probably not so much as (yawn) always having to "compensate" for someone else who can't get over it. The imposed demand to be more mature, socially peaceful and intelligent acting at least does not impose or imply directly sainthood. It does however imply dignity and self esteem, something most same-sex oriented people have had to develop owing to the fear, jealousy, hatred or weakness of others around them.

MisterTinkles Wrote:The question is meant to address the specific nature of "gay" society, and if you think all the stereotypical BS, lies, and headgames in this specific type of society have detramental effects on people of the same nature, but not majorly living in this specific society.

Sorry if I confused anybody.

No, the people to whom you refer are called arseholes. They can be found in all walks of life.

princealbertofb Wrote:Why's it hard work, ObW??? (sometimes)

Because temptation is everywhere.........

ObW
x

Not everyone is like the stereotype.

I know more gay couples than i do single gay people. Hell I've been with my partner for 6 years (met at uni)

also the last gay carnival I went to had a dog show and market stalls.
Hardly the sex focused stereotype.

No, the stereotypes, headlines and all really don't affect me. I see very few of them here and, since I've lived here long enough and, it is a small town, people know me. I've had a few tell me "Glad you aren't like the ones out in [insert location of the latest Pride or news worthy LGBT related event]"

Beyond comments like that they tell me they don't have good view of gays in general but, consider me an exception, that stuff doesn't affect me here.

As for dating, well let me see there is me, the lesbian couples and, the flamer whom I wouldn't date on a dare for about a million reasons so, with no dating prospects living in town, none of it really can affect that for me.