Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think he likes me?
Hi everyone. So, I am talking to one guy from my faculty. It has been 3 months that we are chatting and we usually chat every day. He sometimes texts me when he needs help with assignments, or just texts to talk , we also frequently just talk about our lives, sometimes till late at night. He tells me some of his family problems in which I am giving him advice, and he always tells me that I am more than a friend to him, and he trusts me and feels like I am close to him( which is the same with me). He even once sent me some gay stickers(memes). He doesn't know that I am bisexual. Two times, I told him how some guys are texting me and flirting, in which he always makes fun of me by telling me to not to reject them or asks me if I kissed them. He sends me long voice messages and sometimes sends me morning messages or photos from the places that he visits. He uses various emojis while talking. Once he even told me that he has a lot of gay friends, and he is not homophobic at all. He even told me that he thinks I have some gay semblance(reception). Sometimes I send him hearts, but he doesn't send back hearts. Once he told me he wasn't homosexual and put laughing emojis next to that message, and when I said " God knows what your real sexuality is" he started laughing. He sometimes told me about how he wants to have sex with girls and how some girls text him. Do you think he says it all to check my reaction? And the problem is that he always calls me "bro" which is driving me crazy.I really don't know if he is just friends with me or likes me? Once we had some small argument, and he told me he didn't want to lose me and he was so upset because he thought I would stop talking to him and etc. I really don't understand... please help

I would think that he probably does like you but perhaps he isn't sure about his sexuality. That can be a big hurdle to get over.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Well, from what you've written it does suggest that he has feelings for you, but he might be uncertain about expressing them fully if he is closeted, and is exploring different ways to try and open up to you.
Societal pressures may be a factor here. Your country flag is Turkish I think?

He could be bisexual too if what he says about girls is true. Or he may just be trying to gauge your reactions, like you say, to try and move the conversation forward to a point where he is more comfortable with opening up more.

It's difficult to say for sure, but he certainly seems to enjoy chatting with you and values your friendship at the very least.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

How about if you said something like, "You and I get along so well and have so much in common.  I wish I could find a guy like you who wanted to be my boyfriend."

His response might give you a clue.  And if he isn't interested, you're not putting him on the spot.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Pyromancer's post:
  •

It's possible that he is looking for a "gay friend." I'm a confused little about the long text messages and the "I don't want to lose you" comments. I recommend being straight up with him with something like "So, you keep saying you like me...what do you like about me?" From the little information and signals, it's hard to tell. I would be skeptical but that's just me. Best wishes and good luck.
[-] The following 1 member Likes rich4421972's post:
  •

I know of a few men in Turkish closets. I don't know enough about conditions in Turkey to comment on whether the regime encourages entrapment. I'm only guessing, but if society is actually becoming increasingly Islamic, as would appear to be the case under your current president, I daresay you need to exercise a little caution to avoid serious trouble.

Good luck.

@"marshlander" You raise a very valid point. That's something I definitely would not have considered. If a guy messaged me in this manner here in the US it would be unusual...but it is a different culture, could be that, could be skittish, could be entrapment.

@"rich4421972" Given that bit information. I would be curious as to how gay men typically interact with each other in Turkey? Not trying to be rude, we just want you to be safe.

At any rate if this guy is playing hard to get, that is he's dropping hints and then pulling back, or trying to get you to admit that you're gay to him you might want to back off a bit and see what he does.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  •