Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor Who: The Day Of The Doctor
Genersis Wrote:Well, one of the Time Lords did say "All 13 of him" at one point in the episode if I remember right...

Also, this may be interesting to some people:

THAT was freeking AWESOME!!!!
THANKS!!!!

Im SO happy to see they actually have Paul McGann being inDOCtrinated into the series now, when they denounced him for so long.

Too funny

Bump!

[Image: 200.gif]

MisterTinkles Wrote:THAT was freeking AWESOME!!!!
THANKS!!!!

Im SO happy to see they actually have Paul McGann being inDOCtrinated into the series now, when they denounced him for so long.

I was surprised in a few ways.

The only reason I found out this mini episode existed is because I watched a recording of "An Adventure Through Time and Space", where the...Schedule Announcer? I guess you'd call it? mentioned it while the credits were rolling.

Which is just stupid, as this is a very important mini episode to those interested in the mythos. It should of been shown on TV, or at least clearly advertised.(saying that, I could of missed such advertisements completely)

Secondly, I've never seen the film with McGann's Doctor, just heard it was a really bad film.(So I've never gone out of my way to see it)
This mini episode, at least to me, seems to show he could of made quite a good Doctor, that McGann's performance was probably not at issue, but the material.

Genersis Wrote:I was surprised in a few ways.

The only reason I found out this mini episode existed is because I watched a recording of "An Adventure Through Time and Space", where the...Schedule Announcer? I guess you'd call it? mentioned it while the credits were rolling.

Which is just stupid, as this is a very important mini episode to those interested in the mythos. It should of been shown on TV, or at least clearly advertised.(saying that, I could of missed such advertisements completely)

Secondly, I've never seen the film with McGann's Doctor, just heard it was a really bad film.(So I've never gone out of my way to see it)
This mini episode, at least to me, seems to show he could of made quite a good Doctor, that McGann's performance was probably not at issue, but the material.

Paul McGann was the Dr. when Fox bought the rights to Doctor Who, and planned to make it an American show. They made a "test" TV movie. Fox said if it did well in the ratings, they would produce the series. Well, the ratings were like tripled of what they expected, but they never produced the series.

The BBC Dr. Who fans rejected Paul McGann as a REAL Doctor Who because of Fox buying the rights to the series for America. Or so the story goes.

The TV movie was not bad. You could tell that Fox did not put a lot of money into the show, but it was good, none the less. If you are a Who Fan, then you definitely have to watch it.

(I think it was Fox Network....it was one of the big networks here in the USA)

I cant find the TV movie online anywhere, but there are plenty of trailers for the 1996 DR. Who on Youtube.

Loved this ep it was awesome. One of my faves this year.

They have REALLY screwed up the Dr timeline, as far as his reincarnations go.

They say that Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor, but thats a bold faced lie, right to our faces!!!
If we are to believe the entire TV story time line, then Peter Capaldi is the 13th Doctor, as The War Doctor was added to the list of ever growing Doctor incarnations.

Some people even say that ALL Doctors should be accounted for, which would make Peter Capaldi's Doctor, the 14th Doctor, not the 13th, as Peter Cushing played the Doctor in two theatrical movies back in the 1960's.

Whichever timeline you prefer to go by, they have already passed his established 12 regeneration cycles. Which makes the people now writing the series, complete liars and frauds.

MisterTinkles Wrote:They have REALLY screwed up the Dr timeline, as far as his reincarnations go.

They say that Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor, but thats a bold faced lie, right to our faces!!!
If we are to believe the entire TV story time line, then Peter Capaldi is the 13th Doctor, as The War Doctor was added to the list of ever growing Doctor incarnations.

Some people even say that ALL Doctors should be accounted for, which would make Peter Capaldi's Doctor, the 14th Doctor, not the 13th, as Peter Cushing played the Doctor in two theatrical movies back in the 1960's.

Whichever timeline you prefer to go by, they have already passed his established 12 regeneration cycles. Which makes the people now writing the series, complete liars and frauds.

True. I believe the argument is that the regeneration after the 8th doctor did not 'call himself the doctor', and so when we say 9th doctor we mean 10th regeneration, and so forth. Towards the end of the 50th, however, there was a respect given for the 9th incarnation in the choices he made --- he seemed to be very much a doctor to me.

Anyway, I guess we will see what official sources do with this, as the fans debate and settle this among themselves. For me, I keep slipping and getting the numbering wrong, and I've began phrasing the number by using the associated actor "Matt Smith doctor", "Chris E doctor", etc. . Personally though, I'm wanting to call the John Hurt doctor, a doctor.

Which means for me, I believe that Peter Capaldi is the 12th doctor.

This also helped to explain it, for me.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-12-2...3th-doctor

We just had the Christmas special here in the uk which introduced the next doctor and it kinda explains the whole extra regens among a few other things but then I only watch it loosely and haven't seen any of the older ones...

He's number 12 because the doctor himself doesn't count War Doctor as a number. Clara and the doctor discuss this in the xmas episode. There are 13 "Lives" plus one "Lost" regeneration. He himself said 11 should be the last one. But he gets more. It's all explained.