Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Donaly Trump know how to read?
InbetweenDreams Wrote:[MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION] Not arguing with Trump being clueless about politics. Why did he run for president, because he wanted to. Kind like how I want to be hot with 6 pack abs while eating cake...

Yes, I realise that [MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION]. I'm not actually saying that he can't read but that clip in the video when he refuses to read because, so he says, he doesn't have his glasses, glasses that no one has ever seen him use, must give a clue as to his comprehension level that seems to be at almost zero.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Yes, I realise that [MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION]. I'm not actually saying that he can't read but that clip in the video when he refuses to read because, so he says, he doesn't have his glasses, glasses that no one has ever seen him use, must give a clue as to his comprehension level that seems to be at almost zero.

It would be so nice to see that the President we all hate and despise is a complete idiot. Just like the few people I don't like in real life, it would be nice to see them fall on their face...

My only problem is that this is all speculation. Sure put the camera on me for a year and pull out clips and pieces you could make me out to be anything... Not trying to defend Trump. My point is that it is all speculation and *not factual* information. Doesn't matter though, that YouTube channel is doing a better job at getting people to believe we have a president who can't read.

[Image: rkM5X_s-200x150.gif]

I mean it is hilarious, I mean how the heck to we go from Obama to this nut case. I mean for years there was a documentary basically describing what a shit faced asshole Trump is and yet we voted for this guy (not me personally).

I just cringe at stuff that is not true, but people will think it is and probably be "trending" on twitter and facebook in a matter of time.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Of course it does. Just like I can convince people that vaccines are causing autism with graphs. Yeah different story...

You know how I know he can read... Teleprompter.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/...-allee.cnn

Common sense. The bullshit they pass as a news story....and as TRUTH. It is all speculation.

I don't like the guy, but I'm not stupid they guy can read.

The video makes a really good case. Trump is a jester and he knows how to fool a crowd. That's how (nearly ) half a country voted him into power. Illiterate people develop a whole lot of strategies to cover up their illiteracy. Being illiterate does not mean a person cannot read, it means they may have a problem with reading at a given speed and understanding the connect between the beginning of the sentence and the end of it, ie it means they may have difficulty understanding things and ideas and logical articulation. It's true that you never see Trump don any glasses, which, for a man his age is rather strange, nor does he squint when the print seems too big or too small. Illiterate people are not 'stupid' but at a disadvantage when it comes to the printed word or the written word. I'm sure now that this theory is out he will find some new strategies to mimic people who can read, like having glasses available. He'll at least be smart that way, or else he'll turn it into his usual self-aggrandizing jokes.

Someone pointed out that even if you can't read or don't like to read, you can still have information available through podcasts and audio books, so not liking to read shouldn't even be an excuse. It's the cluelessness that is worrying.

It would be unfair to say the people who have this theory pass it as truth, because they aren't doing that. They are speculating that it might be one of the problems, along with his low attention span, and they say so. If he can't read, where's he going to get his ideas from? TV, the very media that he spends his time denigrating? He needs to be able to read books and briefs and all sorts of documents including legal documents that tell him what he can and can't do as the commander in chief of the United States. He needs to read and be able to read whatever documents he signs. If he can't do that, you are in trouble.

PS The teleprompter video just proves that he doesn't need one, and probably wouldn't know what to do with one. That way he passes for 'capable'.

I go between being able to laugh at how absurd all of this is and being furious with people laughing at this shit like its some kind of snl skit. Yes you got to find the humor in life, I know I get called out online and offline for being too serious. But treating trump like a goof who stumbled into office somehow and has all these wacky interactions with people and says crazy shit every. goddamn. day. is not the way to handle this man.

Let me tell you Donald Trump is the greatest reader you've ever seen, believe me. His reading skills are tremendous, and you are treating him very unfairly. Last week he read Green Eggs and Ham in less than 6 hours, you can't do that nobody can do it NOBODY, but Donald Trump did it.

LONDONER Wrote:Yes, I realise that [MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION]. I'm not actually saying that he can't read but that clip in the video when he refuses to read because, so he says, he doesn't have his glasses, glasses that no one has ever seen him use, must give a clue as to his comprehension level that seems to be at almost zero.

To be fair, at that age, he would need glasses to read.

Donald Trump is not the problem, he is not the cure either...you are all being distracted

The campaign was filled with unimportant, non-issues just like this one. Let's move on.

^ I agree. This is just petty and ultimately only counterproductive.

6 threads all expressing roughly the same sentiment in as many days. Apparently the author of this thread is as fascinated by "Trumpy" as he is everything else U.S.

I would say that Trumpy isn't his only obsession.

I'm aussie and I am sick to fucking death of this feral orange hair and tanned C@#$