Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Equal Opportunity Employer include us gays too?
" In one of the motions filed by Saks to have the case dismissed, the company claimed that although there was nondiscrimination policy that included gender identity, they were not bound by it because an employee handbook is not an employment contract. "

PHOOEY! I have known many employers to hold their handbook over the head of an employee and threaten discipline up to and including firing. As a matter of fact, I worked for one boss who wanted an employee handbook written for just that purpose. Sack Saks!
I bid NO Trump!

Most major companies that advertise equal opportunity does not care about sexuality, and I have seen many postings put sexual orientation in the list of people they do not discriminate from.

A smaller company may be trickier. It all depends on the state. Here in Utah, you cannot technically get fired for being gay, but you can be fired for undisclosed reasons. So you can get fired here and when asked why you are fired, the company does not have to tell you why. It is really stupid, but I haven't had too much problems with employment.