Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does It's OK to be Gay offend you?
Ok first of all, this may be one of the most homophobic/hilarious/downright disturbing music videos ever. Some of you might have not watched it... so here it is.

Personally I found it offensive at first and it's pretty demeaning. However, I found the humor in it. I find it to be ultra hilarious.

The saying offends me becuase it IS NOT ok to be gay it RIGHT to be gay... down with the straits! oh yea.

out of the bands/people i hate i cant stand this one^ becuase its bland and some what ignorant and makes the comunity of lbgtthp look like crap, its the same with petty singers like peaches and some others, like every gay person is femish yet alot of us arnt.. its sad i find people like this insulting, and ignorant.

sure this was posted before by a member before, thats only reason i would have seen it - just find it funny myself, camp as a glitter ball lol

Condescending and clichéd for sure, but I don't think it was intended to be offensive as much as funny. Unfortunately, for some people it is not going to be funny and merely reinforces stereotypes and ignorance.

In my opinion this song has committed a far greater offence against music. It is horrible!

marshlander Wrote:Condescending and clichéd for sure, but I don't think it was intended to be offensive as much as funny. Unfortunately, for some people it is not going to be funny and merely reinforces stereotypes and ignorance.

In my opinion this song has committed a far greater offence against music. It is horrible!

I agree. I think the music is horrible as well. I know this was intended to be funny.

I'm a bit surprised that none of you think it's offensive. I remember my ex was pretty offended by it.

marshlander Wrote:Condescending and clichéd for sure, but I don't think it was intended to be offensive as much as funny. Unfortunately, for some people it is not going to be funny and merely reinforces stereotypes and ignorance.

I agree with Marshlander on this.

Nothing offends me, I don't think I can be offended

That's good. I'm glad no one here is offended. Nobody really should be offended by it. It's satire and it's funny as hell.

I don't find it offensive as such, I do find the stereotyping to be most annoying. Also the lyrics leave something to be desired.

The worst part is that there is an implicit suggestion that if you are the kind of guy that, for example, spends a lot of time worrying about his mortgage or is a committed Christian that you should stay in the closet.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.