Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does a full moon make people go crazy
Something is definately different around a full moon. Sleep alludes me around a full moon and peoples behaviour is definately different.

Allot of police officers I know say that when the moon is full things really get busy. Not sure about the facts.

Krzysztof Wrote:I also know that human parasites lay eggs during a full moon

THAT explains all the stupid people!!!!!!

Shrimp and Prawns also throw their shells around a full moon.

When I was working in Morriset a hospital for the mentally insane ,I swear it effected some of them.
But then again so did fire crackers and sirens.

On a personal level I love full moons when I was living in the Hunter Vally ,we used to go prawning at The
Entrance near Gosford .

I love The Entrance, Terrigal and Avoca...Lovely part of the world. The Skillion is always a good walk up and run down Smile

I dont know about any "scientific fact".............

I believe its a conditioned reaction.

Conditioned reaction (example):

Unbeknownst to Billy (3 years old), his family is full of hard core pranksters.
Billy grows up in his family hearing that a monster lives in his closet. This monster will leave you alone, as long as you dont look into the closet with a mirror. All through Billy's young life, he hears stories from his family about cousins and other relatives who accidentally looked into the closet from a mirror, and had completely gone bald overnight.

So, being young and naive, Billy refuses to have any mirrors in his room, as he does not intend to go bald, much less ever see this monster.

Later on, when Billy becomes a teenager, the family pranking has shifted to an Aunt and Uncles family who have younger kids, and the "monster" is forgotten by Billy, since he is now a teen and has other things on his mind.

While in High School, Billy decides to redecorate his room to something less boyish, and more of his teenager style. While Billy redecorates, not remembering the silly monster story he grew up being told by all of his relatives, Billy places a large mirror on the opposite wall from the closet.

One night before bed, Billy puts his shoes in his closet and forgets to close the door. As he turns around and happens to glance into the mirror, he looks inside his closet, only to see two gleaming monster eyes looking back at him!

Freaked out, he runs out of his room to the living room and sits on the couch. As it is time for bed, his parents tell him to go to bed. He refuses. They ask why, and he tells them what happened.

After his parents stop laughing at him profusely, they tell him that the monster story was just a family prank that has been going on for a few generations. There is no monster.

But Billy doesnt believe this, because he SAW the monsters eyes! His parents go into his room, and see that one of his coats has two big bottons up by the collar, and they are shining from the lamp across the room.

Billys parents go back and explain that it was just the glare on his coat buttons that he saw, not a monsters eyes. After about an hour of calming Billy down and getting him to believe it has all been a long prank, Billy finally goes to bed.

When Billy wakes up in the morning, his pillow is covered with his hair.

If you hear something long enough, you will begin to believe it, whether consciously or subconsciously. At some point that part of your brain will kick in and your fears will be realized.

There was no monster in Billys closet, but yet he lost hair anyway. He lost his hair because he was brought up to believe thats what would happen if he ever glanced a this "monster" through a mirror. His stress level was so high during that night, his hair actually fell out. Therefore establishing the belief that there IS a monster in his closet, and his parents had lied about it, to get him to go to bed.

Even though its all bullcrap, Billy has been conditioned (programmed) to think a specific way and to believe in a specific outcome. Whether its true or not, Billy believes its true, and will have these reactions the rest of his life, because his family conditioned him that way.

We have all been conditioned that the moon has "negative effects" on living things, especially humans. Stuff and nonsense. Its just conditional programming that has been going on for centuries, and people act out accordingly, because they have been conditioned to do so.

There is a link between sleep cycles and lunar cycles. People tend to find it more difficult to sleep when there is that giant night light shining through the window... However sun-blocking curtains solves that problems.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/31...blogs&_r=0

However this study does not find a link between the light directly and melatonin levels. It is suggested that the brain has a lunar clock, but they do not have a direct link to that.

Well I hate to tell scientists this but women have a demonstrated for like at least eons that there is a link between bodily cycles and the moon cycle, the menstruation cycles in a healthy woman is in accordance with a lunar month. 28-29 days. Men also have a hormonal cycle that is in tune with the unnaturally large planetary body we call a moon.

http://www.astrology.com/does-full-moon-...d-d-546942 Basically says 'inconclusive' however through the years I have known many an ER person and many a police officers who all insist that every full moon the crazy comes out to play.

The link goes on to suggest the light theory, then brings up the question of our own light that we generate.

As a person with SAD I know that having lights on at certain times of the day in winter helps to really reduce the effect of light deprivation, I go from wanting to saw my wrists to only wanting to cry a little....

Light or the absence thereof does not lead to every human being on earth having SAD. It only effects about 4-6% of the population. If researches took a random sampling of human being to test their sanity for SAD, they most likely would have inconclusive data might even say that SAD does not exist at all, depending on where they sampled the population from.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that people who already have underlying disorders have a tendency to be affected by the full moon's light and go a little cray-cray during that time of the month.

Like it or not humans are linked to the natural world. This whole city building and living out of sync with seasons, months, days is really a brand new thing for the species which is at least 200,000 years old - older if we throw in the millions of years of ancestors that we descended from who lived out their lives in the wild, without artificial light or closed off from all of the seasons, months, years, days, etc.

In other areas.

Life on earth most likely would not exist if it was not for the insanely huge and impossible moon that we have. Mars, a close relative to the Earth has to mini-moons and we clearly see what happens when a planet doesn't have the large moon to stabilize it and knead its mantel and core with tidal forces to keep it hot inside. Venus, even more like earth (doesn't seem like it with acid rain and a surface temperature hot enough to sterilize life as we know it.

However Venus is tide locked to the sun, if she had a large moon like our own that would never happen, instead she might actually be a near twin to earth, a bit more tropical owing to being closer to the sun, but nothing like the hell hole of heat and perpetual darkness her acidic clouds provide for her surface.

Life on earth evolved with this ginormous, and totally unprecedented and actually unexplainable moon that we have. Many species rely on the tides, or lunar cycles to exist, some plot courses for their long range migrations by where the moon is.

To think that we are somehow magically isolated by one of the largest factors of the evolution of life on earth is utterly ridiculousness.

The moon, nor its cycles has ever affected anyone I know, much less myself.