Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody have parents who ignore you told them you're gay
My parents are really homophobic. So a few months ago I moved out and told them I'm gay. They took it bad and me and my dad got into arguments a lot...although they still helped me move my stuff and we talked regularly,
Then finally they told me to move back in and that they don't care who I bring home.
So the other day my dad said in front of his friend that he found me a girlfriend.
And I said "ok but I will cheat on her with a man" and an awkward silence was created and I walked out of the room. Rolleyes

Anybody else have parents who just ignore you?

HAha, my mother does the same thing, not as brazen as your father though. She gets upset whenever I talk about it, she will treat me perfectly civilly as long as we all ignore the elephant in the room.

Dj1990 Wrote:My parents are really homophobic. So a few months ago I moved out and told them I'm gay. They took it bad and me and my dad got into arguments a lot...although they still helped me move my stuff and we talked regularly,
Then finally they told me to move back in and that they don't care who I bring home.
So the other day my dad said in front of his friend that he found me a girlfriend.
And I said "ok but I will cheat on her with a man" and an awkward silence was created and I walked out of the room. Rolleyes

Anybody else have parents who just ignore you?

The next thing he'll be saying is he's arranged the wedding... :frown:

Sorry to hear your parents aren't supportive. I think you might challenge your dad to think about what it is that, in his opinion, your being gay reflects upon him? Is he one of those fathers who see in their children an extension of themselves? And if so why does he think that you are not a separate individual and identity? I think he's got to rethink his place in the family and to rethink his son as NOT himself, but someone else, even though he's physically an extension of himself. And so I'm thinking maybe you should move out again???

I'm really sorry that parents are like that. All of them. But I guess you're on the right track not backing down, keep messing with them like that Big Grin

mine where just a tad worse i was not allowed into my parents home for ten years.. now as long as i do not mention it we are fine. My dad makes Archie Bunker look like a liberal.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I'm really sorry that parents are like that. All of them. But I guess you're on the right track not backing down, keep messing with them like that Big Grin

Bugarska :biggrin:

We're neighbors...or we used to be.
I was born in Sarajevo.

But anyways, not all parents like that....I know plenty of people whose parents accepted them right away.

i havent told mine yet, i plan on being out of the house first lol

Understand the out of the house approach, I was outed so not an option, just be sure you have some place to go just in case, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

haven't told my parents yet(and might not for awhile)but a have a feeling
it would probaly be the same situation for me.

Well im lucky. my parents and other family members are fine with it.
I feel for you. Having to put up with that cant be nice.

If i was you i would move out and get on with my life without the dictatorship lol.
You can still see them of course but i really wouldnt live with them.
Go live your life and hopefully one day they will come to accept you for who you are. They gave you life but they dont own it xD

good luck