Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody have parents who ignore you told them you're gay
I'm not out to my family, just my friends. Unfortunately, our society puts expectations on to everyone. When you were born your parents were expected to raise you just as they were raised. If your parents are religious odds are you are going to be brought up religious or if your parents are huge sports fans odd are you'll be raised around sports your entire life and you'll be expected to perform as an athete. Parents or people really, who close their minds off for so many years while their children are growing up...it's going to take a while for them to make the necessary adjustments to you declaring that you are gay (not exactly as they planned for you). I hope it all goes well.

Good luck!

I was outed by my brother when he found an aol conversation between me and a friend talking about it.. my dad told me about boundaries I have and how he beat a gay guy to a pulp for coming onto him and my mum said "I hope you didn't have sex in my house" so all in all a happy chirpy acceptance.

Now my dad ignores me completely and my mum wishes I was straight

Fortunately no! When I came out to my mom, she told me she already knew. But the first time I came out to my brother, he told me it was just a phase. The second time I told him four years later, he sort of ignored it and anytime he saw me hanging around with girls, he thought I was a pimp. lol fail. But he has finally opened up to it.

Lol my mum actually told me she knew aswell.. I dont think my music choice as a child helped xD

Hacchan Wrote:I was outed by my brother when he found an aol conversation between me and a friend talking about it.. my dad told me about boundaries I have and how he beat a gay guy to a pulp for coming onto him and my mum said "I hope you didn't have sex in my house" so all in all a happy chirpy acceptance.

Now my dad ignores me completely and my mum wishes I was straight
Yes but it's not going to happen, is it? Maybe she just wishes you had babies... How do you feel about having a family some day? You'll have to carefully choose a hubby who also wants babies and make her a happy grandmother. :biggrin:

Pleasantries aside, I hope she'll get over it some day and come to accept you more fully.