Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else hate texting?
Get a flip phone:

[Image: LG+Accolade+VX5600.jpg]

Show it to people and say 'I can receive texts, its just a real pain to try to reply with a number keypad, so excuse me if I don't text back.'

If they ask 'why don't you get get an Iphone (Blueberry, glass box of pain, whatever the damned thing is called) Tell them that you are saving the money for something more important.

I personally never reply to text messages, everyone who knows me knows I have a flip phone and that it will be a cold day in hell before I allow Verizon to force me to 'upgrade' to one of those pad type things... They also know I'm a cheap MF who refuses to spend money on crap...

See its a whole personality thing you need to develop to get people to respect your no-texting policy.... or fear you.... which ever works for you.

I prefer it over calling....

And, i text in full spelling. I dont like shortening the words as much as possible

I never used to text until I had a boyfriend. We text and I have come to like it. We don't get Crazy with it but it's handy especially since we live 4 hours apart. I prefer to write the words out too now that I have a phone with a keypad.

I hate communication all together

however I prefer typing and texting mainly cause phone calls and most specially to people I don't know tend to give me panic attacks..

I'd rather text than talk on a phone.

I'd much much rather talk to someone in person than text.

I have to admit, I'm a pretty big text-er. But.. I'm doing my best to not get "clingy via text." My toe has definitely been on that line.

southbiochem Wrote:I hate communication all together

however I prefer typing and texting mainly cause phone calls and most specially to people I don't know tend to give me panic attacks..

Yeah, my friends get the same thing, that's why I don't mind texting
instead of calling. I only have like one friend who is fine speaking on the
phone.

I remember I had to call the Chinese take-out place for them once since
no one else could do it cause they don't do phone calls very well, hehe

Miles Wrote:I'd rather text than talk on a phone.

I'd much much rather talk to someone in person than text.

Thisthisthisthisthis

I hate phone calls, since you can't do anything else but hold the damn thing up to your ear and hope you can hear the caller clearly enough to carry on an intelligible conversation, and that they don't mumble.

At least with text, I can come back to it when I can, like when I get a text on the way home, I hear the notice, and I think, "Oh, I'll check that when I get home," rather than hearing it ring and have to answer it. And with my car, I'm not sure how to decline a call with the bluetooth junk.

The only advantage to texting I see is that you can get your thoughts together before you speak
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

There's now a "BroApp" so you don't have to text when you don't want to:

http://www.today.com/tech/ladies-beware-...2D12181957

Quote:BroApp, the self-proclaimed “clever relationship wingman” app, lets guys send pre-programmed text messages to their wives or girlfriends, so that they can hang out with their bros uninterrupted.

Quote:“We created a demo BroApp (we didn't even have a name for it at the time!), just for our use, that sent a single daily check-in message,” they told TODAY. "And was very well-received by our girlfriends!"

Here’s how BroApp works: A bro can select pre-programmed texts to send to his girlfriend, but app users are encouraged to either edit those, or write their own, original versions. Then he sets the time and date to send the text and the app does the rest. Tom and James also built in some precautionary safety features — the app knows the woman’s WiFi, for instance, so she won’t get an awkward text if the bro who pre-programmed the message is at her house. It will also cancel a scheduled message if either member of the couple recently called or texted the other. And just in case a gal wants a peek at someone’s BroApp, she’s put on “girlfriend safety lock down” and misdirected to a fake list of gifts the guy is fake-planning on buying her.

So, is any woman going to be fooled by this app? Apparently, yes. “We used it successfully for three months as a trial and our partners had no idea,.” Tom said. “Personally, my partner was impressed that I would write her a message even though we were going to see each other that night. It did get awkward having to tell [her] about trialing BroApp on her for the past 3 months. When James and I first pitched her the idea, she said, ‘Any girl will work it out.’ She was wrong.”

They should be careful. Their girlfriends might discover vibrators next. :tongue:

THIS would probably get surreal and has the potential to do away with texting altogether should it go too far in society:

Quote:In fact, Tom and James have had enormous requests for a “SisterApp” helping women text their men.

More: