Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone get headaches watching 3D?
Old 3-D (Wearing the red/green glasses) With or without the glasses I see both the images. Attempting to focus on just one of the images ends up with eye strain which leads to a headache.

I have slight tritanopia which may be the underlying cause for why the red/green glasses don't really work for me.

I also have a strong astigmatism in the left eye. My glasses have a real prescription lens in the left and basically pane glass in the right. Further, my left eye picks up color a bit less than the right eye, closing one eye then the other I can clearly detect a change in the strength of color in general.

My ophthalmologist tells me to not have high hopes for the new 3-D as my eyes are not team players. Due to the extreme difference in my vision between left and right eyes I have failed miserably to get them to coordinate to do most things where stero-vision is needed.

She (The ophthalmologist) also says I don't look through my eyes at the same time when computing distance/depth. Even though I'm not closing one or the other, my brain switches back and forth between using one or the other to get a sample from both then proceeds to work out distance (depth) from two images. She had me do a simple test with my thumb and looking at a dot.

Where as 'normal' people see two dots and two thumbs, I see one dot and one thumb which switches back and forth (left and right)

Thus when I am trying to look at old style 3-d, my brain is trying to see both images and is not able to pick up on the illusion of 3-D. End result, eyestrain and headaches.

Its not that I'm blind, I just see things differently Wink.

Ha ha ha, you are just special Wink

3D glasses always give me a headache. They don't work and the images never pop out of the screen like they're supposed to lol.

I do. And my eyes hurt so bad.

I can't watch 3D :|
No depth perception..Think that's how it's spelt.
Lol!
My world is all in 2D....