Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone really know the real you?
I think shadow is right. My BF is Japanese and I seem to surprise him about things I know about him - things he says even his mother doesnt know about him... But he doesnt know everything about me even though I wish to share everything. Some people just dont pick up inner feelings very well.

I can spend a few minutes with a person and sometimes I can make a judgement that this person is NO good. It usually comes out true. My BF has been surprised by my ability. It may take years for this bad person to show his true self but they usually do.

About good friends (not lovers).... it is sometimes confusing. I will be totally honest about a feeling, verbalize it, but for some reason the person doesnt get it. Maybe feelings have more to do with understanding another human. You can talk and talk and talk but sometimes the message never takes.

Last example, my mom has very strong feelings about my sexuality. She says that she loves me but hates what I am. This is such a contradiction in humanity that I dont want to accept her love and dont believe she loves me. I am a whole package so ya have to the the package not just the wrapping! We cant communicate about even the simplest things - she has, realistically, blocked me as her son. Whatever!

hope some of that makes sense,
frank

I have no trouble being myself, and showing my personality. When it comes to my history, on the other hand, I rarely share anything of the sort, with even my closest friends. It's not because I don't want them to know, it's just that I don't see the need to tell them, and they don't ask...

Even if they did ask, I doubt I'd tell them anyway, due to the fact that I'm a naturally secretive person. It's in my blood...

if you tell your whole story, if ur truly honest, then it makes you vulnerable, which is why no one feels they kno ppl proper

Weird thread...

I don't there is a real me, a definite me. I think I'm different in each situation. Or I'm just a reaction to situation. Maybe that is the same thing.

Interesting question. I lived with someone for about thirty years. She never knew the real me; she couldn't see and I couldn't tell. I was too many different people.

I've been with Albert for five years. He knows me better than anyone else has ever known me. Now I am one person and I have nothing to hide from him. I know which I prefer.

I don't think that many people know me to be honest, cause I hang about in like this "clique" at school and we're all talking and laughing all the time but we don't really know much about each other - I mean I'm the first to admit we just sorta depend on each other to look popular and stuff, not that we're shallow. I mean we do like each other and we'd be sad If we all fell out.

But anyway, I think the only person who really knows me is the guy I fancy, I told him a lot of stuff I haven't told anyone else. He pretty much knows me better than anyone.

rb16 Wrote:I don't think that many people know me to be honest, cause I hang about in like this "clique" at school and we're all talking and laughing all the time but we don't really know much about each other - I mean I'm the first to admit we just sorta depend on each other to look popular and stuff, not that we're shallow. I mean we do like each other and we'd be sad If we all fell out.
i agree with this, ppl i sit wiv r more so aquaintainces than bezzies

Yep noone knows the real me, even my good friends... i have a big shell up but i 'put on an act' when im around people so they dont ever really know me.

antm55 Wrote:Yep noone knows the real me, even my good friends... i have a big shell up but i 'put on an act' when im around people so they dont ever really know me.

Why so, Sean? Are you afraid they might find out who you are? Or are you just very very shy?

princealbertofb Wrote:Why so, Sean? Are you afraid they might find out who you are? Or are you just very very shy?

Nope pretty much everyone i ever meet knows im gay straight off the bat. I go really camp around my friends but in real life im not that camp at all. Im not even sure why it happens?? maybe i have like multi-personality or something lol