Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone really know the real you?
antm55 Wrote:Nope pretty much everyone i ever meet knows im gay straight off the bat. I go really camp around my friends but in real life im not that camp at all. Im not even sure why it happens?? maybe i have like multi-personality or something lol
I don't understand... So when you're with your friends - that's not in real life?

Wilem Wrote:I don't understand... So when you're with your friends - that's not in real life?

Its real life but its not the real me, when im just chilling out at home.

antm55 Wrote:Nope pretty much everyone i ever meet knows im gay straight off the bat. I go really camp around my friends but in real life im not that camp at all. Im not even sure why it happens?? maybe i have like multi-personality or something lol

Maybe you act camp around your friends because you know it amuses them, and so you make them laugh with your antics?

princealbertofb Wrote:Maybe you act camp around your friends because you know it amuses them, and so you make them laugh with your antics?

Maybe, that sorta sounds like me... thinking about it i think you totally hit the nail on the head... it just annoys me that i do it all the time. They have never seen me out of the act

antm55 Wrote:Maybe, that sorta sounds like me... thinking about it i think you totally hit the nail on the head... it just annoys me that i do it all the time. They have never seen me out of the act

So the real question is: would you like them to know the real you? Would you like some of them to know the real you? the quiet you? the reflective you? or are they just people you hang out with because they're fun to be with, in which case they don't need to know the other personas that you are...

antm55 Wrote:Its real life but its not the real me, when im just chilling out at home.
Noo I was just trying to make a point, why must your self when you are chilling be the same self when you are with your friends? Why is the chilling you the real you?
I always think that everyone is changing all the time to suit they're surroundings...
I'm certainly more girly when I'm around my girl mates, and then more manish and competitive around my man mates, and then more serene and serious when I'm at home... They're all me. I wouldn't want to be the same all the time, life wouldn't work properly...

princealbertofb Wrote:So the real question is: would you like them to know the real you? Would you like some of them to know the real you? the quiet you? the reflective you? or are they just people you hang out with because they're fun to be with, in which case they don't need to know the other personas that you are...

You're such a wise man, its so weird to hear someone pretty much answer questions i have been asking myself for a ages. To answer the questions most of my 'friends' are just people i hang around with to have fun, but i think a few of them should know the real me

thank you

Wilem Wrote:Noo I was just trying to make a point, why must your self when you are chilling be the same self when you are with your friends? Why is the chilling you the real you?
I always think that everyone is changing all the time to suit they're surroundings...
I'm certainly more girly when I'm around my girl mates, and then more manish and competitive around my man mates, and then more serene and serious when I'm at home... They're all me. I wouldn't want to be the same all the time, life wouldn't work properly...

I agree with you, Wilem, I think we are different people in different contexts, but they are still YOU. And what's interesting is that some people only know you in ONE context, so they find it hard to imagine you as another person. As a teacher, I'm sure my pupils never imagine that I can have a private life, just like them, and that I also have a love life and an artistic life etc... They just know me as the boring English teacher, or the friendly English teacher, or the Boy-has-he-ever-got-a-weird-haircut English teacher, lol... How would they ever know that I can also cook quiche, unless I make them one? For them I'm the one who marks their papers with a lot of red... and that's that! Teachers are not human, lol.

Wilem Wrote:Noo I was just trying to make a point, why must your self when you are chilling be the same self when you are with your friends? Why is the chilling you the real you?

I supose, but im like plastic fake. It just dosn't feel like me, if feels like they know the me who acts camp

antm55 Wrote:I supose, but im like plastic fake. It just dosn't feel like me, if feels like they know the me who acts camp

Do you think you could sustain NOT acting camp in front of them once? And then see how they react to that.