Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone remember when John Travolta was hot and sexy?
This film is one I saw 7 times when it came out. I must have bought the album to the music not twice but probably more times since I also got the CD and the DVD later when they came out.
I wonder if it has aged -- probably so -- but it will always remind me of a time that was happier and light hearted (even though it was not necessarily easy being gay at the time).

The taunting energy of the disco floor dance...

I remember seeing the film but sorry, I never thought he was hot. Just not my type.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That's ok, Londoner, see how he turned out, in the end. Much less appealing.

I haven't seen it. Pulp Fiction was my generation's first (significant) encounter with Travolta, generally. Grease was sporadically still around then too -- revived at intervals -- but only if you were specifically interested in seeing it, (it was made well before I was born).

And Travolta never appealed to me like that. He's okay, but I never found him physically attractive. Val Kilmer was one actor I thought was sexy and hot back then. He was very much my 'type' in the 90s. (To put it in perspective, I am now much more taken by Dennis Quaid, than Kilmer).

On a related note, Keanu Reeves has turned out much much hotter than you would have thought from the 90s.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

w... I think he's hotter now.

meridannight Wrote:I haven't seen it. Pulp Fiction was my generation's first (significant) encounter with Travolta, generally. Grease was sporadically still around then too -- revived at intervals -- but only if you were specifically interested in seeing it, (it was made well before I was born).

And Travolta never appealed to me like that. He's okay, but I never found him physically attractive. Val Kilmer was one actor I thought was sexy and hot back then. He was very much my 'type' in the 90s. (To put it in perspective, I am now much more taken by Dennis Quaid, than Kilmer).

On a related note, Keanu Reeves has turned out much much hotter than you would have thought from the 90s.

Which rather goes to prove that everyone has different tastes. Personally I can't think of any Hollywood actor who appeals to me with the exception perhaps of Jake Gylenhaal. Physically he looked wonderful in "Prince of Persia".

It might be because I'm a bit younger but I don't see the appeal either like [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION]. I believe this came out the year before I was born so my tastes are probably influenced by stuff after that.

Bearded or shaved, clothed or shirtless, Jake Gyllenhaal is a sexy looking guy in my opinion

[Image: th?id=OIP.M150c1f7251efbf35ae42240d7bf80...=259&h=195]

CorsacReborn Wrote:I believe this came out the year before I was born so my tastes are probably influenced by stuff after that.

Saturday Night Fever is from 1977.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Saturday Night Fever is from 1977.

Haha I think I got it mixed up with dirty dancing in my head for the year it was released. I witnessed discussions about it a lot lately.