Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone see the point in these?
You might question his subject matter, but his skill and talent is unquestionable.

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Honestly if I were to do anything I would probably get colored pencils. Might pick up a pack when I get to go shopping again at the end of the month, been putting it off. Me and pain, well used to get along better, but now I get frustrated with myself because I can't seem to wait for anything to dry or can't get the colors to mix, or get too much oil in the pain and it messes with the colors...turns into a fucking mess and I get pissed...

You would think photoshop would be my place but it isn't... I just don't have the level of control I want. Eh I don't know. I would like to learn to enjoy that again but I don't know what happened but I used to draw a bit more and always enjoy drawing landscapes and whatnot but never really gained much skill there.

This is the subject for a whole new thread. So, how about posting examples of your artwork?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:This is the subject for a whole new thread. So, how about posting examples of your artwork?

If I can find any. I had a big oil painting from art class that my dad threw out. I think I have a photo somewhere that has part of it in it, but everything else is long gone.

Speaking of throwing things out my dad also threw out all our family photos. Luckily I have some of them scanned to the computer, otherwise I'd have nothing.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:If I can find any. I had a big oil painting from art class that my dad threw out. I think I have a photo somewhere that has part of it in it, but everything else is long gone.

Speaking of throwing things out my dad also threw out all our family photos. Luckily I have some of them scanned to the computer, otherwise I'd have nothing.

OK, we'll look forward to seeing something, not just from you but from anyone else who reads this thread.

That about your family photos is just awful. Glad that you still have something.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

l'art pour l'art aka Art for art's sake

Two of his billiard balls are oblate.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I will say, like hyper realism or his work or not, you have to appreciate the amount of attention to detail. I mean there's a good bit that does into recreating all that and just being aware of a lot of those things. I would certainly overlook
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!