Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he like me? details Please
hey everyone, whats up!

So The staff at my gym would try to memorize our membership numbers and this gentlemen would try to memorize my number and the stuff would tease him because he couldn't get it right.

When we got new cards and new numbers and these numbers were much longer; he would look up my info and he would memorize my number; when I would come in he would make sure he had my attention and say my number out loud..Pretty funny. Just thought it funny.

Eventually he would stare at me, we were in the locker room and I was behind him, I looked in his direction and stared at one another for a good 20 to 30 secs. I was confused and nervous; A few days later, I was on the tridmill and he was working over with the cleaning crew, he made contact with me and gave me a small wave. Once again I looked but nervous..

I was leaving the gym and he was walking out the other direction and he would stare point blank, but wouldn't talk just stare. At this point I wanted to make conversation with him, but he was really shy at times. I tried to joke with him about my membership # and I think I scared him off...I seemly asked why was he trying to memorize my number.

Anyways based what I told you, what do you think? Does he has a gay crush on me or Am I over thinking it? I am interested. Thanks.

So what if he likes you?
Time ALWAYS tells..
Return those engagements rings...
Patience...

Naah. He Likes me more than you. The reason he stares so much is the wart in the middle of your forehead.

You're overthinking it.

Lets say he does have a crush on you. How is he going to act?

He's got to worry about the statistically low chance of you being gay/Bi.
The usual fear of rejection plus if you do reject him it's going to be in public, right in the middle of his workplace it would be doubly humiliating.

On top of that he's probably worried about you getting offended, kicking up a fuss and causing him trouble with his boss. I mean it's not exactly professional to hit on the clients. So even if he does have a crush on you he's very unlikely to show it in any overt way. He might try to attract your attention and there is likely to be some awkwardness.

In fact the behavior you described is exactly what i'd expect from someone who was attracted to you under these circumstances.

But to know for sure you're really gonna have to make the first move. So why not ask him out for coffee?

Virge Wrote:Naah. He Likes me more than you. The reason he stares so much is the wart in the middle of your forehead.

...of course he likes you better man...Pretty In Pink gets them every time...

OP...sorry, but we can't tell if he likes you by reading your post...we're insightful and wise, but not psychic...try initiating a light, non-threatening conversation...I mean, what's he supposed to say when you ask why he was memorizing the number..."Cuz I'm hot for you"...? (That's actually what I'D say, which is why I don't get let out buy myself too often)...But if the conversation goes well, ask him if he has time for coffee...whatever...no harm in giving it a shot...

Tomtom75 Wrote:Does he has a gay crush on me or Am I over thinking it? I am interested. Thanks.
It just astounds me that people are so uncertain of their own perceptions and, apparently, so fearful of expressing their own desires or interest in another human being, they take the time to search out, find and post in a forum of total strangers asking them to tell them whether or not someone else "likes them." It is something that gets repeated on this board frequently enough (albeit with different questions about different matters) that I've come to regard it as a social phenomena.

There's only one way to answer your question: ASK HIM. Yeah, for sure, you don't have to get right to the point and ask, "Hey, wana fuck?" The direct approach is more appropriate for bars, clubs, hookup-apps, that sort of thing. In a more social context like a gym where his job is on the line and your membership is conditional upon good behavior, you might wana try, "Hey, what's up? (Find something stupid to small talk about...); Yeah, hey, would you like to get a coffee or a beer after work sometime?"

One takes these things one-step-at-a time. AND, as others have pointed out, since this is his place of employment, it IS up to you to make the moves.

Thanks guys, Next question is, How would I approach this...he seems a bit stand off ish, probably nerves or what ever. also I found him on FB, I have had people at me from work and other things...So I was thinking of doing the same and talking to him privately. i think he wants to keep things on the DL. Thoughts? Thanks.

Tomtom75 Wrote:Thanks guys, Next question is, How would I approach this...he seems a bit stand off ish, probably nerves or what ever. also I found him on FB, I have had people at me from work and other things...So I was thinking of doing the same and talking to him privately. i think he wants to keep things on the DL. Thoughts? Thanks.
I dnno.... why not just do it and see what happens? I mean it might work in your favor or it might not... but that's just it. We take a chance, roll the dice, and whatever the outcome is, that becomes the next step on our life journey. There are NO guarantees. But, obviously, a lot of stuff DOES work out for most of us at least some of the time, right?

What is there to loose here? Either he's interested in you or he isn't. It really is that simple. All you need to do is express your interest (in due course) and see if it is reciprocated. If not, you move on.

Tease at his memory skills again (in a friendly way)

and make a bet that you can remember his phone no. better than him remembering yours.

The loser needs to buy the winner a dinner!

ya maybe a bit too much Tongue

Joke aside, maybe start from little things first. Like talk about stuff in the gym, his work, I don't know. Just start the conversation somehow. Coz right now you two just stare at each other and it seems like a nervous situation for both of you...at least that's how I feel.