Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does it make a difference?
Does confidence matter in wether or not you think someone is attractive?

Can someone who isn't all that become 'attractive' by just merely being
more confident in him or herself?

Or do they just come off as cocky or conceited?

I'm asking cause my friends tell me that I should be more confident in
myself, I've been trying, but it's kind of hard when you don't really like
yourself very much.

there's a big difference between being cocky/conceited and being confident

confidence more often than not is going to make someone more attractive . conceitedness just makes them arrogant and annoying .

Self-love is not a turn off. But someone being conceited is not self-love so much as it is a type of distorted self-hate disguised as self-love, or so I imagine. Self-love is a lot gentler because it doesn't have to be so loud.

a confident person is attractive because they usually like themselves and don't apologize or feel bad if someone dislikes them, I met a few who were not cute but their self-confidence was huge which was very attractive and even changes how you see them physically, I lack self confidence too and put myself down before others do and I've learned its not a good idea to do on a date, turns out is a big turn off, so now I look at the good in myself and others can see it without me saying a word, confidence can make you glow and more appealing, besides if someone doesn't like the good I have I brush it off and move on.

synonymous Wrote:Can someone who isn't all that become 'attractive' by just merely being
more confident in him or herself?
Yes, definitely.
Self confidence is better cause you're more "relaxed" and also the others are more relaxed near you, they're less 'scared'.
I found this thing 'self confidence-attraction' many times, and I experimented that myself when I started being more confident. More than 'nothing' is only 'a little', but it's better than nothing... ;-)

Being cocky is only being cocky and maybe rude, imho.

I've met a number of guys who are 'average' in the looks area, but when they speak and show their intelligence, confidence, and kindness, become very attractive.

I also know two hot guys who are ugly on the inside, and they lost their attractiveness very quickly.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Most people don't like themselves much.

Some people absolutely love themselves, and are constantly telling everyone how awesome they are.....this is only attractive to "slave" types.

Then there are people who despise themselves so much, they are constantly telling everyone how awful and useless they are........this attracts the narcissist types.

Both are major turn offs to most everyone else.

If you aren't bashing yourself in public all the time, then I would say you are just (I hate this word...) "normal".

Its not at all unusual to feel that you aren't all that you feel you should be.

Im surprised guys dont follow you around for just being so cute!!!

What is confidence ?

You cant be more confident cause someone tells you… you either are or are,nt. You know ive met confident people, some of them were a***holes, so yeah they were confident they would suck!

Yes it makes a difference but you must be confident in who you are! not in who they want you to be, for example im confident i can be a real anti-social prick at times :biggrin:

Things that bothered me ten years ago dont bother me now because i dont need lots of people to like me, i just need to know im truthfull.

Improving your self confidence is important, and will benefit you and your life in countless ways. If you're having self-esteem issues, which it sounds like, I suggest you attack it from another angle. In your mind, create a character who is full of self-confidence, and exudes the positive attitude and traits you admire. When you go out, play that character like an actor. Pretty soon, you'll take on the confidence and self-esteem as your own. It's sorta like an advanced version of "fake it til you make it". We're not all extroverts, and social skills don't come naturally to us all. Just know, you're not alone. :-)

CellarDweller Wrote:I also know two hot guys who are ugly on the inside, and they lost their attractiveness very quickly.

This. Is. So. True. I'm just waiting for a certain guy in particular to stop coming across as attractive to me physically. His personality is absolute garbage. It makes him appear so undesirable… at least on the inside...