Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does my best friend like me?
Ok, I'm in high school, and I've been in love with my best friend (of the same age) for a long time now. Our friendship has gotten closer and closer, and recently, whenever we've been watching movies or something where we're sitting together in private, I put my arm around him and he doesn't say anything. As time has gone on, I've been able to do more. I hug him sometimes, and when I would normally just have my arm around his shoulder, I do that, plus rub his back, massage his shoulders, and put my arm around his waist and squeeze him up next to me. Also, whenever we have a sleepover, he has started to sleep in and wear around for a little while before and after we go to bed, just his underwear. We also sleep on the floor in sleeping bags or blankets abut 3 inches from each other. Last time we went to a movie, I slowly stuck my hand under his shirt and rubbed his back on his bare skin. I also stuck my fingers a little down his underwear and rubbed him there. The thing is, with the exception of the hug (cause he hugs me back), he never puts his arm around me, or anything else. But he also doesn't tell me not to do any of these things. Do you think he is gay too and likes me? I don't know why he wouldn't tell me to stop doing those things if he wasn't, but if he did like me wouldn't he also reciprocate what I'm doing?

It is always problematic, according to a description classify someone and I want to do it either. That he likes you, is probably safe ... but I would observe the situation further and see if he replies something. And even if he does, he can still be straight .. but this gives you the opportunity to start a conversation and to clarify the situation.

well, i think if he's straight he would be extremely cute and acceptable person

I dont judge if he likes u or not
but the way u guys do is so perfect
keep doin it if it never makes anybody hurts Smile

I cheer u up!

I don’t normally reply to the need advice post cause, what the hell do I know, but I will say this. If back in my high school days I ever tried to touch or even look a one of male friends in a meaningful way it would have been met with.
A. Confusion
B. the violent rearranging of my facial features

As if for the whole gay and like you part I couldn’t possibly know that, but again you have gotten away with some touchy feely stuff an your face remains un-punched so that a positive sign.

You're both in school and at an age when hormones seem to take over. Unless he's immediately freaked out by your attentions (which he seems not to be) I can imagine one or two possible things going on. Either he is actually gay and attracted to you, but perhaps rather shy, or he's simply straight but curious, horny and wants to know how far you're going to go next. Whatever, it sounds like a bit of an adventure. You're at an age when experimentation is pretty much required. What are you waiting for?

Does he know that you are gay? If not, have you considered telling him?

True, he probably is a very acceptable person. Or he likes you too but is too shy to do anything in return to your actions.

sounds like he's allowed u to get more closer each time and he obviously doesn't mind male contact....just try not to go too far as u dont want to loose your best mate do you, lets hope he responds one time by touching you in the same ways and that could be your cue to make a more bolder move, good luck as u sound like you really care for him m8

You should probably let him know that you are gay and just bring up the touchy feely stuff tentatively in conversation. And continue doing what you do. It's pretty clear though or else he probably would have said something.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

If I did that to all my male friends I had crushes on in grade school I'd be sipping dinner from a straw. It sounds like you have a very very open (possibly receptive) friend. I say very casually bring up the subject of you being gay with him, maybe even confide in him, and by all means keep up the good work. Just don't rush things! Let us know how things are going!!