Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does one have to be campy
I am kind of the same way. No one in my life could tell I was gay before I came out to them and I dont really act too campy yet other members of the LGBT community are like heyyyyyy guuuurrrrrrl and I dont understand O.o

Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy

I watch gay themed films and wonder at the number of different characters that portray us gays. There is such a broad array of types of behaviour from the very feminine to the butchest, but in the end what really counts is to be able to see inside a person, not the way they walk and act, and the way they interact with others. The same actually goes for the wide population at large, some people are just plain nasty, not because they act feminine or masculine, but because they just lack the ability to be polite and respect you as another human being.
A lot of this stereotyping goes with a shallow knowledge of who a person is.
I don't think that I act particularly camp, but have my times when I can be, and I know that when I was a child I wanted to be a girl and to dress up as a princess so what influenced me as a kid is probably more relevant to the way I act today.

My father left my family when I was seven, my younger gay brother was 5. Did the masculine presence leaving the home to be dominated by my mother's presence influence us? I don't know, but I think, maybe.

My youngest brother is the epitome of what it means to be a male, but he is still compassionate and kind and warm-hearted when he needs to be. He is also one of the roughest dancers I can think of... with his female partners... Women on the other hand love to dance with me. Hahaha.