Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this mean we are all going to die soon?
Here's something I pick up from the Internet today:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-v...ia-n198516
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

First US Ebola case:

Quote:The first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States told a nurse on his initial hospital visit that he had recently been in an area affected by the deadly disease, but that information was not widely shared, a hospital official said Wednesday.

Thomas Eric Duncan went to a Dallas emergency room Friday and explained that he was visiting the U.S. from Liberia. He was sent home with antibiotics, according to his sister, Mai Wureh.

After his condition worsened, he returned two days later to the same ER at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and was admitted.

Dr. Mark Lester, who works for the hospital's parent company, said a nurse asked Duncan whether he had been in any part of West Africa, where Ebola has killed thousands of people. But his answer "was not fully communicated" throughout the hospital's medical team.

More: http://6abc.com/331181/

Yeah I heard about Dallas having a live active case. I turned off the news and steered clear of the news sites I go to once I read that he went to hospital and was then sent home the first time around.

The full implication there really just is too much for me to accept or think about.

I am hoping that this is an isolated case and nothing more will come of it.

Well, it won't come to much as long as he didn't share bodily fluids with anyone, since Ebola is spread through contaminated bodily fluids.

Usually when someone close to me is sick, I try and stay away from them as much as possible. I try not to touch anything they touched either. I don't want or need to get sick. This how most people are anyway.

In Africa, it is harder for them to stop the spread of the disease because they don't have the right supplies, equipment, or knowledge.

There are conflicting reportsb about ebola today. I read on Yahoo news that Nigeria is getting on top of the problem and yet I heard on the BBC news that it was spreading far more quickly than anyone had anticipated.

As to the man in America who has been admitted to hospital, apparetly there are no new supplies of the experimental drug that has been used successfully in some cases.

May ebola is the answer to the world's overpopulation problem!

Not worried about it. Am way up here and we're heading into winter. I can't imagine this virus not being temperature sensitive to some extent.

You should watch "Outbreak".

Mike quoted
"Thomas Eric Duncan went to a Dallas emergency room Friday and explained that he was visiting the U.S. from Liberia. He was sent home with antibiotics, according to his sister, Mai Wureh."

and

"Dr. Mark Lester, who works for the hospital's parent company, said a nurse asked Duncan whether he had been in any part of West Africa, where Ebola has killed thousands of people. But his answer "was not fully communicated" throughout the hospital's medical team."

It sounds to me the nurses and doctors in in Dallas must be working for the Secret Service who can't keep a guy out of the white house or an armed felon out of the elevator with the prez. Incompetence will kill more than Ebola or ISIS.

Just heard on BBC News that in Liberia, five people are being infected every hour.

The scary part is that there are three cases of Ebola victims coming back from the dead!!!!!!

OK don't panic, I'm sure there is a logical explanation like premature burial, but come on the mere idea of real zombies rising out of the grave has got some seriously 'kooooollll' factor to it.

On a more serious note. It seems to me that about a month ago CDC/WHO etc went from downplaying to 'breaking the bad news gently' to us. They went from saying we have nothing to worry about in the First World, to two weeks ago saying there is a chance that Ebola will arrive in Murika - to October's Surprise of 'Look Ebola is in Dallas! - Surprise!'

And yeah the incompetence factor of the Dallas case has got to shake some confidence that CDC and health professionals are on top of this.