Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Bones Safe for Human Consumption?
I want to buy beef bones but the supermarket only has them in the dog food section.

Now, before you think I'm crazy and gross, they're packaged by the supermarket and it says theyre from the butchery, they're just sold as Dog Bones.

I'm not sure if anyone else's supermarkets do this, but I need to know if these are safe for human consumption?

Evil_lolEvil_lol
------------------
OK just finished a good laugh. then why not just ask the staff there.

As far as I know, there's nothing in a dog's diet that is bad for humans. I'm not sure exactly what product you mean though. If you provide a link with more information about the product, it would help. Are they just bones with meat on them?

Also, you're weird. That's not a bad thing tough Dog

Lilitu Wrote:I want to buy beef bones but the supermarket only has them in the dog food section.

Now, before you think I'm crazy and gross, they're packaged by the supermarket and it says theyre from the butchery, they're just sold as Dog Bones.

I'm not sure if anyone else's supermarkets do this, but I need to know if these are safe for human consumption?

if I ever need beef bones I just buy a really nice cut of beef and keep the bone out of it to use a base for soups and stews and stuff. Even though a nicer cut of meat might be more expensive you get your moneys worth time and time again from using the bones as a soup base.

Whew!
You had me going there for a minute, with your title that is....

Must admit, the title is very eye-catching...

Glad you'r not thinking about eating dog-bones :eek: but want to eat bones for dogs...Rofl

Ok, now having sorted that out, Here in SA all the Supermarkets do that.

Once they have stripped off all the viable meat, they saw up the leg bones & sell it off as bones for dogs...:biggrin:

I've often purchased them when doing a beef soup for the marrow. Adds a nice rich flavor, and besides is a very rich source of protein,. and the pric per Kg is about 1/2 of the going rate for the meat.

Just, when the pressure cooker's settled down, take just the bare bone out, leaving all the yummie stuff behind

I ain't dead yet

I too thought you meant bones from a dog!

The Supermarket sells them! Cheeky fecks, will they stop at nothing to maximise their profits?

If you find an independent butcher he'll probably give them to you for free.

I think you can rest assured though that if there were any health concerns to humans from cow bones they wouldn't be allowed to be sold - even for pet food.

I'm not sure what the position is regarding Ox Tails after the BSE scare all those years ago.

u r al racisssts just bcoz i m chai knees dsnt meen i always wnt to eet dogs.

yes
especially if you plan to boil them down

Yeah, they should be perfectly safe. They're just the leftover bones from meat that was meant for human consumption... so if they're not okay, something is seriously wrong xD

At the end of the day, you could eat actual dog food if you wanted, and I don't think any harm would come to you.
Wouldn't recommend it though... Laugh

Lilitu Wrote:u r al racisssts just bcoz i m chai knees dsnt meen i always wnt to eet dogs.

that's not funny....for one thing, i DO NOT speak like thatElkgrin