Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't ask Don't tell
I was wondering. Yesterday Congress passed the employment non-discrimination bill, well passed added US to the existing. If it passes dumb ass'es veto (big IF) wouldn't that mean that the military would also have to follow suit?

shadow Wrote:LOL !

Thanks babe - now I understand what the fuss is all about ...

... haven't the American Military Forces ever heard of SPARTA ?? ancient civilised cultures promoting same-sex relations had a HUGE impact on the willingness of the fighting force to lay their lives on the line for each other ... after all, he's not just your comrade-at-arms - he's also your lover ...
!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

OMG, don't say that in a bodybuilding forum!! lol

After 300, everything is SPARTA this and SPARTA that!!!!

this don't ask don't tell law really seems pretty screwed up.. hey, we welcome gays into the military as long as we don't know it. :confused:

It's just weird - like you're not good enough to bleed for the same cause, because of your sexual preference ... what possible difference does it make at the end of the day ??.

For all the good in the world, sometimes I just wonder, y'know ??.

*sigh*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

ok - I will leave aside Sparta but say damn good point

not to mention that part of what enraged Hitler was that his most powerful army was engaging in homosexual acts and why he decided not to just kill jews but gays amongst others

nor will I even try to begin to believe that Clinton was some Gay God that was going to fix things because he never gave a crap about gays nor does his wife ....

but Don't ask Don't tell .. means they can't ask you ... but you better not tell either

and it was Clinton's lame cause to shut the gays up before they ruined him

you can serve in the US military as a gay as long as you say nothing .. but they also can't ask you

now meanwhile .. this 12,000 have been dismissed

now I give you .. maybe 6,000 wanted to get out (thought I doubt it was that many)

but chances are the other 6,000 were doing what they wanted to do -- which was to serve in the military

funny to thing to me is how these such things don't seem to be such a big deal in other countries such as England as they are here in the land of the free and the brave

Because we are a mess,

We were at the movies yesterday and I saw these two high school age boys sit down with a seat in between them.....for the Europeans among us, that's so nobod will think they are gay for wanting to sit next to each other.

Yes, yes, land of the boxer shorts (briefs are too gay) the rediculously long swiming shorts (again, breif style too gay), and a gazillion other stupid petty things that might ever let some anonymous stranger you will never talk to think you might be gay! It runs the enitre psychi of the American male heterosexual...a 24/7 obsession.

The idea behind the military concept is that soldiers in the ehat of battle will be too distracted by the homo trying to get into his pants that it will corrupt company cohesiveness.....because we all know, it's when the bombs are flying, blood is flowing and fear is at it's hight... and death is upon us is when we are at our most horny and sexually predatory....

And the Clintons tried....after 12 horrendous, nightmare years of Reagan/Bush and the AIDS epidemic it was a welcome try, if not what we wanted.

Of course what COULD happen is that the discharged homos from the U.S. army could become the peacekeeping force of a new country ... an exclusively homosexual country - we could call it something like ...

... oh I don't know ... what do you think ?? Ideas ??

Knobinia ? The Land of the Rising Son ?? Lol2 - ideas on a postcard please !!

But seriously, I'm not trying to make light of the situation - I think it's a considerably less-than-perfect state of affairs, and yet another example of taking something that ISN'T that important and making it the focal point for something STUPENDOUSLY poorly-handled ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

everything in this country is petty ... it amazes me everyday!

here's a good one

here in New Jersey - big uproar that you can't text message or read text messages while driving ... and pretty much they want to stop it everywhere

but people were complaining about not knowing what the traffic was at the tunnels and bridges into NY

so now the MTA is sending out text messages to warn of traffic problems

so basically the MTA which might as well be government is sending text messages to people that can't read them because the government says they can't while they are sitting in traffic
LOL

ok - know that was a lame story - but a good example of how we think here in this country

Lol2, now that IS wacky, I agree !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

God my laptop sucks!! (Remember when it was brand new??)

As long as we are off topic. It amazes me that we are still allowed to drive while using the cell phone. Germany made it illegal years ago. We almost get hit at least once a day while walking around from idiots who are on their cell phones.

They say driving while talking on the phone gives you the reflexes of a 75 year old....and I totaly believe it.

Real pet peave of mine!!!!!!!!!!

Understandable - they did the same thing here in Jersey years ago too, and I can see the logic behind it.

Apparently on the mainland somewhere some trucker hit a child with his rig, and reportedly texted (!!) the person he was having a text-based conversation with before phoning the ambulence for the child, the end-result being that the kid died ...

... at least, that's my recollection of it.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!