Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Censorship
Confuzzled4 Wrote:[MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION] The only thing I can come up with is that old media is trying to stomp out their competition, I can't think of any other explanation. It bothers me because gay vloggers have been hit the hardest with this situation

I mean does big media have something to do with it all? Yeah but I don't think they're main culprit here. YouTube, the internet as a whole has been a independent platform for expression and it is unmoderated. So I think it comes back to political crap, trying to limit freedom of expression. Seems those rights are always under fire and always being chipped away, slowly, so you won't even notice...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I mean does big media have something to do with it all? Yeah but I don't think they're main culprit here. YouTube, the internet as a whole has been a independent platform for expression and it is unmoderated. So I think it comes back to political crap, trying to limit freedom of expression. Seems those rights are always under fire and always being chipped away, slowly, so you won't even notice...

Sadly true. Often freedom of expression is taken away at the expense of "protecting our children". Say something wrong and you're a bully or not being pc. A great recent example I became aware of thanks to Phil Defranco: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017...-professor