Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't judge the majority by the actions of one
[SIZE="4"]Try to watch this video to the end and see if you don't tear up:

http://mashable.com/2017/05/30/muslim-ma...ekuNmgliq8

This is a lesson to us all.[/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

This man has done nothing to curb peoples feelings on the Islamic community, a community of people who will not do anything to stop the extremism that is coming from within their own faith group. This man deserves no applause for this as it is just a publicity stunt to make the Islamic community look good, the community who think you're immoral as a person because your natural feelings are for your own sex/gender. The same community actually thinks that violence is more acceptable then your faith.

The majority are irrelevant if they do nothing to suppress and remove the extremist views that are coming from within the Islamic community, just like the majority were irrelevant in Germany many years back when Hitler went on a power trip and wanted to rule the world. You can look at history throughout the world and you will see the majority allowed the minority to take control and cause death/war and other terrible ills upon their own people, country or various parts of the world. The majority are also irrelevant if they do nothing but say "it wasn't me" as if that can resolve the issue.

You use this video to defend a faith who have ignored their extremist minority, allowed carnage to happen and still preach they're good people? This video is not a lesson, its an attempt to distract people from the real issues. There was a Muslim man who said that the real victims were Muslim people after the Manchester attacks, the real victims were those who have suffered or been killed in not only this attack but other attacks across the world due to their ignorance.

I know people that have been affected by extremist Islamic attacks, my own brother literally missed one of the London bombings. This video did not make me tear up, it made me angry that ignoring the threats we face is more important then dealing with a faith group who clearly don't give a shit about the rest of the world.

No [MENTION=23512]CorsacReborn[/MENTION], his message was simple; that not all Muslims are terrorists and I think that all of those people who responded to his gesture would disagree with you.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:not all Muslims are terrorists

No shit, Sherlock. Do we need a guy hugging random people to realise that? At the end of the day, Islam is still a religion that when a country actually follows its rules you have hanged homosexuals, women treated like animals, men marrying little girls, just to name a few. If this guy believes that crap is okay, he can hug whoever he wants, he's still an idiot and an asshole. If he doesn't agree with those things, then he needs to think if he really is a muslim or not. And as the above poster said, while not all muslims are terrorists, many of them are indifferent or agree with the terrorists.

Piri Wrote:while not all muslims are terrorists, many of them are indifferent or agree with the terrorists.

Says who?
Most victims of terrorism are Muslims. The Manchester bomber was reported by his own mosque 5 separate times.

You're an atheist and probably a fellow rationalist so I hope you'll accept that in order to accuse a very large number of people of being terrorist sympathisers some evidence is required. Surely that stands to reason.

LONDONER Wrote:No [MENTION=23512]CorsacReborn[/MENTION], his message was simple; that not all Muslims are terrorists and I think that all of those people who responded to his gesture would disagree with you.

I did not mention that all Muslims were terrorists so please don't portray that I think that, I stated that the majority are irrelevant if they do nothing to stop this in their communities. Once again this isn't a gesture, it's a distraction from the real problem within the Muslim communities.

TigerLover Wrote:Says who?
Most victims of terrorism are Muslims. The Manchester bomber was reported by his own mosque 5 separate times.

You're an atheist and probably a fellow rationalist so I hope you'll accept that in order to accuse a very large number of people of being terrorist sympathisers some evidence is required. Surely that stands to reason.

The bomber was reported, I'll give you that. But if you feel strongly that a person was dangerous to the place you live or the world would you not continue to make this an issue until it was dealt with? If I knew there was someone with real intentions to kill or harm a large group of people I'd be doing everything I can to stop it, not just file a report.

TigerLover Wrote:Says who?

https://www.statista.com/chart/4227/supp...countries/

https://www.quora.com/How-many-Muslims-s...-Daesh-Why

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages...polls.aspx

Some of the polls are two years old (or a bit older) but that's the only data I've found in my quick search, I don't know if there are more recent ones available. Either way, the numbers are quite alarming: the lowest numbers (2% of muzzies in a specific country supporting terrorism) may look like a tiny minority, but we're talking about supporting terrorism here. It's unacceptable! And then we have much worse situations where 10 to 21% muzzies agree with isis, or 29% unsure (what kind of monster is "unsure" about terrorism!?) and so on. So I think it's safe to assume that many mulsims support (or are indifferent to, or unsure about) terrorism. If you're interested, there are also polls about enforcing sharia, killing mulsims for converting to other religions, violence to defend islam and other stuff.

more virtue signaling...

The thread should be changed into "dont judge minority by the actions of majority"

I live in a muslim country,and the country becomes more corrupted day by day(and it was the most modern looking,democratic muslim country which has the islamic population around 98 percentage)the supporters of terrorism rises, i cant think about the other muslim countries,i might sound racist but some men in metro look at my friends(girl friends)they asked why did they have no scarf on their head,or wore mini skirts,they asked if they are muslim or not?my friend tried to covince the man cuz she saw a knife...what do they want?(they SAID they look like whores,they dont know us)and warned them that they cant live like that in the near future,it becomes reality now.Christian countries fight with their extremists in the past ,now the extremist groups are silenced minority,muslim people didnt fight over it,so the extremists are much more then the christian ones and much more visible.

I think judging a book by the cover is wrong,but that kind of people should exist to balance it as well.

Oh my, I suppose those Christians are just angels...Oh wait a minute. I guess no one wants to talk about the KKK or the lynch mobs or all the other bloodshed that has occurred with Christianity. Point is, it takes time to extinguish this crap. Hell the Civil Rights act was passed 53 years ago and there's plenty of racists fucks that would in a heart beat roll the calendar back 160 years...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!