Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't know how much I can take anymore ...
meridannight Wrote:isn't there any hope of the society there becoming more enlightened at all? you obviously have people who understand things are wrong the way they stand....isn't anybody thinking about doing anything about it?

It's been like this forever.. This society is actually better than what it used to be before.. So no, no one is thinking to change cuz everyone gave up hope. Atleast I did ..
Hence, I want out.

Scootaloo Wrote:Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing. If your close to finishing school, I would do that first, education is important.

I agree. It is. I guess I was just blowing off steam and venting. Education to me is a priority. I wouldn't let go of that since it is my last hope.

Hang in there buddy.

Anocxu Wrote:This is one reason I love reading your theads...
You have a hyper analytical stance on everything I would consider substantial and you are passionate about everything.

Life has put me in so many circumstances where I had to ask that very same question.

What if I were to tell you... the answers.

It's the both of you..
It's you and "them"..
Your circumstances are about the combination .

To clarify your post a bit..
"Your environment does not reflect you .. at all"
"You don't belong" ?

Omg.. no..!!
You'll drive yourself absolutely crazy with this line of thinking.
That would be the equavalent of playing a "psychological Sherlock Holmes."

The key to your peace of mind would be acceptance.

Your environment is the way it is.. you have to accept it !!
The influences , standards and overall cultural practices are beyond your influence at this point in your life.

What can you do?
You have a long list of options. .

Make the very best of the "positives" in your life.

*Take full advantage of your education considering it might be your ticket out.

*Make peace with who you are ...tolerate your circumstances with the understanding. . "This is temporary "

To eloborate. .
It would be pointless rattling yourself into trauma or depression, then fail classes.

*Not many people here know that you were involved in humanitarian projects. .
How about getting more involved ?

My point is..
Take the positive things in your life to a new level.

You sound like me ..
I was seriously ready to join a monastery. .
I think you're just venting here..
In case you are remotely serious..
Please don't. .that would be trading one set of issues for another.

The moment I decided I would never ever, ever "fit in" .. my world changed ..

I am tired of anxiety related issues. .
Tired of disecting details , so tired of worrying about things I will never be able to control.
I believe you should adapt more of that attitude .

Well think of it as .."Temporary Tolerance". .
Either that. . Or drive yourself crazy..

I guess in the mean time...
Keep posting. .
Keep us informed. .
Keep a cool head..

Hugs. .

Thank you! <3 Smile

Yeah, I wasn't really serious. Just venting. Like always. Haha
You're right, it is something I should work on... Tolerance! However, that doesn't mean I should go out there, interact and socialize with these people cuz they really aren't this much developed. I'd seriously have to block some of my beliefs and values just so that I can be on the same page as them in order to communicate.
You see them walking/ sitting around with their heads buried in their screen displays of their phones. They all live on the surface with their shallow thoughts and beliefs. They don't live; they just exist. Empty shells who have a life without a purpose or a goal or a dream... Idiots. I sometimes fear this would get me lost. I need to stay focused on my goal rather than get involved with this issue. I try not to but how can I when I live with this everyday?

LJay Wrote:VS, keep your chin up. You are at a very hard time in life. It is rough for everyone a your age and perhaps even rougher for you because of your situation, but it is not hopeless.

True, we are socially overloaded, overexposed to news and contact through social media, educated to a head-popping extent, given training in religion we may not want and manners we may never follow. It is all normal for guys at your stage of life to feel like double turbo overload is setting in.

Thought you might like to know about this little poem, published in 1896, that talks about the same thing,though in genteel terms. Sometimes it helps me to remember that others have had the same problems.

A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad. 1896.

XIII. When I was one-and-twenty

WHEN I was one-and-twenty
I heard a wise man say,
‘Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;

Give pearls away and rubies 5
But keep your fancy free.’
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again, 10
‘The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
’Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue.’
And I am two-and-twenty, 15
And oh, ’tis true, ’tis true.

Thanks for the poem! Definitely relevant to my situation! Appreciate the support! <3

verysimple Wrote:You're right, it is something I should work on... Tolerance! However, that doesn't mean I should go out there, interact and socialize with these people cuz they really aren't this much developed. I'd seriously have to block some of my beliefs and values just so that I can be on the same page as them in order to communicate.

I guess this is where you would have to draw the line..
Tolerance in itself has its thresholds or limits.

verysimple Wrote:You see them walking/ sitting around with their heads buried in their screen displays of their phones. They all live on the surface with their shallow thoughts and beliefs. They don't live; they just exist. Empty shells who have a life without a purpose or a goal or a dream... Idiots. I sometimes fear this would get me lost. I need to stay focused on my goal rather than get involved with this issue.

Well said..
However. .
I keep throwing the tolerance line at you for another reason. .
This kind of friction can sometimes spin a healthy mind into narcissism.
Your goals sre your priorities. .
Nothing should change that.

verysimple Wrote:I try not to but how can I when I live with this everyday?

By letting go...

The only guarantee you have at this point is you..

I love reading your posts. You get understandably upset and I feel a lot of sympathy for you. But at the same time you clearly have a high level of intelligence and solid analytical skills. You're emotional and intellectual at the same time and that's a rare treat.

verysimple Wrote:It's not about my family as much as it is about this whole society. I keep asking myself is it me or is it them? In their world, Their shell. Yes, It's me. But when you look at it as this whole world outside of their shell. I think it is them. This is not a healthy environment to live in or to raise a child.

Wow that's a very interesting philosophical question. What is responsible for your alienation?

Warning! I am a philosophy nerd and I am about to nerd out. Feel free to ignore me I'm just having fun trying to answer this question. Plus I'm a determinist so my perspective is not going to be very entertaining or poetic.

Spoiler:

Quote:You see them walking/ sitting around with their heads buried in their screen displays of their phones. They all live on the surface with their shallow thoughts and beliefs. They don't live; they just exist. Empty shells who have a life without a purpose or a goal or a dream... Idiots. I sometimes fear this would get me lost. I need to stay focused on my goal rather than get involved with this issue. I try not to but how can I when I live with this everyday?

Hey I know you're upset but take it easy on them they're not all idiots, that's statistically highly unlikely. Besides even if they are idiocy is genetic, you shouldn't judge them for it. No most of those people you're talking about are simply GIGO people (garbage in garbage out).

I firmly believe that if you were able to take them away from the toxic environment that you're all trapped in and give them the right books, get them reading poetry and novels or watching intellectual films you'd end up with compassionate, thoughtful people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_deprivation

Quote:Empty shells who have a life without a purpose or a goal or a dream... Idiots

Damn that's a terrible thing to say about anyone. I hope that you don't actually believe that.
Plus dude you're only seeing the surface. If you want to know what someone's dreams and ambitions are you're going to have to get very close to them. You know the more people I get to know the more I realise that everyone around our age is riddled with insecurities and fear.

Quote:I try not to but how can I when I live with this everyday?

Personally I think you're spending too much time and energy worrying about other people's passions and development. The key to forgetting about them is to focus on your own passions and your own intellectual development. Then meet up with people who share your passions.

If your plan is to one day board a plane to western Europe or the USA. Do you really want to be jaded and bitter when you get here. Stop judging people so much and simply learn to love yourself and embrace your own passions. And honestly I think you should be glad that you're isolated. Being brainwashed and stripped of your individuality is a far worse fate. Hell your isolation could ended by a plane ride, there aint no plane ride that can cure brainwashing.

TigerLover Wrote:If your plan is to one day board a plane to western Europe or the USA. Do you really want to be jaded and bitter when you get here.

^^^^^^^
This

TigerLover Wrote:I love reading your posts. You get understandably upset and I feel a lot of sympathy for you. But at the same time you clearly have a high level of intelligence and solid analytical skills. You're emotional and intellectual at the same time and that's a rare treat.

Wow that's a very interesting philosophical question. What is responsible for your alienation?

Warning! I am a philosophy nerd and I am about to nerd out. Feel free to ignore me I'm just having fun trying to answer this question. Plus I'm a determinist so my perspective is not going to be very entertaining or poetic.

Spoiler:

Hey I know you're upset but take it easy on them they're not all idiots, that's statistically highly unlikely. Besides even if they are idiocy is genetic, you shouldn't judge them for it. No most of those people you're talking about are simply GIGO people (garbage in garbage out).

I firmly believe that if you were able to take them away from the toxic environment that you're all trapped in and give them the right books, get them reading poetry and novels or watching intellectual films you'd end up with compassionate, thoughtful people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_deprivation

Damn that's a terrible thing to say about anyone. I hope that you don't actually believe that.
Plus dude you're only seeing the surface. If you want to know what someone's dreams and ambitions are you're going to have to get very close to them. You know the more people I get to know the more I realise that everyone around our age is riddled with insecurities and fear.

Personally I think you're spending too much time and energy worrying about other people's passions and development. The key to forgetting about them is to focus on your own passions and your own intellectual development. Then meet up with people who share your passions.

If your plan is to one day board a plane to western Europe or the USA. Do you really want to be jaded and bitter when you get here. Stop judging people so much and simply learn to love yourself and embrace your own passions. And honestly I think you should be glad that you're isolated. Being brainwashed and stripped of your individuality is a far worse fate. Hell your isolation could ended by a plane ride, there aint no plane ride that can cure brainwashing.

That was pretty logical stuff to share I'd say. But You know what, where I live... That's how it is.. Sure you're gonna tell me not to judge/ generalize.. But when I talked about "The environment" I meant where I live.. I k, it's different elsewhere in the same country but in the suburb/ village that I live in.. Almost everyone is like I described. I know better cuz I live with them, eat with them, go to school with them.. You know what their ambitions and dreams are?
Literally, passing school with a D to find a good paying job, get married, have kids, settle in and that's it. That's all they can think of, that's all they want. They don't even work hard enough for it, when things get tough; they give up. Try to look for some easy shortcut to make things easier for them... Oh idk, cheat in an exam or get some relative to hook em up with a job that they have no idea what it's about and suck at it so that they can hate it for the rest of their lives. They do what gets them money the most. Money, is their ultimate goal.. That is if they had a goal. All their conversations involve women talk, cars, smoking and that's it.. Sometimes politics and making fun of high profile, well known characters.
Again, not everyone but "almost everyone" is like this. They don't know who they are, what they want, how they want what they want.. They're just depending on the government to provide for them everything or else, they'll just whine about it all day long. THAT my friend, is the story of my society.. And that is one among many problems.
It's not that I hate them as much as I'm disappointed with the fact that we're in 2015 and those people make life look like the 19th century. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but they are just outdated. That's it. again, Like you said, I should focus on me instead of them which is fair enough and that's what I've been doing lately. lol
Now, I'm not bitter nor jaded. I was only venting. Saying my thoughts with no filter. Which I do when I feel perfectly comfortable so sure, when you're angry there is no logic. Shit just comes out of your mouth. Words get thrown around here and there.

Sounds like someone needs a trip or a cruise. Take things slow my dear, There is always light after a storm
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet