Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't know what he wants!!
So I added this guy on facebook and once he accepted me he sent me a sticker with the thumbs up, why I dont know lol. Anyways I thanked him for accepting me and that was it. So after like two weeks he said Hi to me and I told him hey what's up? After that the convo went lke this...
Him: What are you doing?
Me: here with some friends that we came to Florida for the weekend. And you?
Him: I just got back from work, I falling asleep.
Me: I'm almost going to sleep too since I'm very tired.
Him: What are you doing now
Me: Watching TV and my friends are sleeping
Him: MY eyes are closing bythemselves
That message I read it the next morning since it took a while for it to come and I went to sleep. The next moring I started the convo by saying this:

Me: Hey, how did you sleep?
Him: I slept well I'm almost going to work
Me: well take care and take it easy.
Him: I will take it easy

Later that day:
Me: How was your day
Him: Still working
Me: wow thats a lot of working (It was almost 10pm)
HIm: just sent another thumbs up

after that I didn't write back because I didn't have anything to talk about and like at 11:30pm he sent me a message saying "hey man", I was sleeping by that time so next moring I replied:

Me: hey, whats up
Him: what's up, how are you?
Me: Good, still here in Florida, I go back today. Did you work today also?
Him: I'm at work
Me: Oh ok, we are about to go back (to where we live)
Him: "sent another thumbs up.

I don't know whats up with him, I like him but I get the feeling that if I don't make a move he is not going to do it. Should I ask him out...?

Just ask him out and get it over with. The worst thing to happen is that he could say no.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

No clue on what you should do, but it doesn't seem like very stimulating conversation. I get the impression that he might tell a joke about someone having two thumbs and blah blah blah with the punch line being - THIS GUY! Either that, or he really likes The Fonz. Smile

I'm curious, what makes you really like this guy? You've had three conversations with no substance via facebook and met him through the site as well, correct? He must be cute huh?

Yep just ask him if he is interested in you, and go from there, after all you have nothing to lose right?

You really like this guy based on this conversation?

Don't have any standards or rules to measure men by?

I think a high number of people want to talk and get some idea of a real interest, yet don't know how to approach the topic without sounding 'desperate'.

Society has this thing that desperate is bad in some way, then proceeds to make a lot of innocent stuff sound like desperation. So simple conversations are strained, and people carefully pick and choose words trying to conform to our sick society's take on what humans are about instead of realities.

Such as everyone IS indeed desperate - desperately seeking to make connections with other people, desperate to be heard, desperate to spread their genetic material, desperate to find 'The One'. Desperation is perfectly humans as errs are. (To err is human).

Thus far all you know about this guy is he is a work-a-holic - always at work - then not even working, he is on Facebook chatting up strangers.

In cases were perfect strangers start engaging me in conversation, I allow it to proceed, I don't push, allowing them to reveal to me what it is they want in their own time.

Give it time - don't be pushy, if he starts actually having a real conversation about something other than making statements such as 'I'm tired' or 'I'm at work' go with it.

And don't be afraid to ask simply, inane questions that show some interest in him.

Such a:

You work a lot, so what do you do for work? It must be satisfying by all the time you spend there....