Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donating to GaySpeak
I wanted to donate to GaySpeak but the PayPal site that you link to asks for information I am not comfortable giving to a third party website, specifically my phone number. There is no valid reason for anyone wanting to bill my credit card to ask for my phone number and so I am not willing to give it. If there is another way to donate I would like to as I really like this place but I'm not comfortable giving my phone number to some random business.

Richard

i didnt have to give details like that im sure!?!?! Cant remember how it went down when i donated! PM andy and ask if there anova way.

Paypal is a widely used site, and is well known for its security of holding your information.
Personally I use paypal when ever i purchase anything online, and don't use sites that don't accept paypal.
Well unless they use Google Checkout I prefer that to paypal.

The phone number is kind of standard whenever making a payment online not i believe incase anything goes wrong they can contact you.

PM Andy I'm sure he could give you another method of donation Confusedmile:

damn I sound like such a neophyte, how do I PM someone who hasn't replied to a message?
Richard

GaySpeak Gay Forums Community

That should open a new PM window to pm andy

[COLOR="Purple"]The only issue I have heard about PayPal is that if there is a problem they are not very useful.

If everything goes fine and both parties are happy then PayPal is great... [/COLOR]

ardus Wrote:I wanted to donate to GaySpeak but the PayPal site that you link to asks for information I am not comfortable giving to a third party website, specifically my phone number. There is no valid reason for anyone wanting to bill my credit card to ask for my phone number and so I am not willing to give it. If there is another way to donate I would like to as I really like this place but I'm not comfortable giving my phone number to some random business.

Richard
If you have to give your phone number for Paypal, maybe it's so they can check that the phone line and the e-mail address correspond... and are not random or fake. I don't remember having to give my phone number either though... What's that all about? Is it American Paypal that requires that?

Hey Richard!

Awww thanks!

Yeah, as the guys said... PayPal is really safe and reliable (it's owned by eBay!) and will not share your information or use it for marketing purposes. The telephone number is just for security to see if it matches the one you have registered with your card provider or in case you want to contact them to query the transaction at a later date.

PayPal is the cheapest for me to use at the moment without getting a dedicated Merchant account which would cost £££/$$$! Cry

xox

ardus Wrote:I wanted to donate to GaySpeak but the PayPal site that you link to asks for information I am not comfortable giving to a third party website, specifically my phone number. There is no valid reason for anyone wanting to bill my credit card to ask for my phone number and so I am not willing to give it. If there is another way to donate I would like to as I really like this place but I'm not comfortable giving my phone number to some random business.

Richard
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.