Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double minority
Arkansota Wrote:Autism is not a normal disability. Autism just makes people different, but also people with high functioning Autism have above average IQ's

And what, pray tell me, makes you think you are the only person on this board that has Aspergers or Autism?

And what makes you think your IQ is higher than mine or anyone else to where you have to throw it out there as if its your ace in the hole?

Have you asked where people test on the Autism/Aspergers Spectrum? Have you read enough of people's previous posts before you blew in to our little forum and started posting willy nilly?

If you had read previous posts you would learn a few things about me - such as I test 32-35 on the Aspergers/Autism Scale. I posted that a few times on threads here over the years that I have been here.

You would also be able to piece together that there is something 'odd' about that old elf because I have stated before I am not very talkative - yes I write abundantly, talk - rarely. I am not very social, and I have serious problems with small talk and other social conventions.

further, since you are an expert on the subject you most likely can look at every post I made has hints of Aspergers in how I deal with the world.

No you assume that because no one has it as part of their signature that you are the only 'special' person on this forum.

Well your not.

Go ahead, throw me on your ignore list - as if I give two squats and a care about that.

Im a berated, abused, under appreciated American Indian who cant get SHIT from the Indian culture OR the fucking government!!! And on top of that, I like men, but men dont like ME!! Im diabetic, prone to bitch slap attack-tisms, not minding my own business-tism, depression-tism, anxiety-tism, migraine-tisms, and telling you like it is-tism.

Rofl

He's giving people with disabilities a bad name. as part of that community...I apologies, lol

Someone will get a nosebleed from his HIGH HORSE!!!! lol

Mick

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:- as if I give two squats and a care about that.

Did you know you can get a Philly Steak Sandwich in Ipswich for two squats?

Drool-smileyRofl

^^^ Is it kosher? If not I can't have it....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:^^^ Is it kosher? If not I can't have it....

Well I dont know. Im sure the pickle on the side is.

But we all know you dont like the pickle on the side!!!!
You like it "straight up".

Evilgrin1

While every single person, every single one of them hoes, is a minority within and of themselves, this is true.

Perhaps you do wish to commune on an equatable level with someone similar, however, you've traversed this path incorrectly...

As I realize, where I am high on the Sensitivity and Empathy side of the Spectrum of Neurological brain development, I am aware depending on the level of Autism, you are on the opposite end, not necessarily Apathetic, but surely not adept in the capacity to understand other's emotions and perceptions...almost narcissisticly so, but not quite.

You say things and know they make sense to you and make you feel a certain way, but seem incapable to discern or even care about the feelings of others or their opinions, as they are not yours or do not make sense to you.

For this reason alone, I am not offended by your posts, as I already understand you quite well, however, I do implore you to continue, as I see this as a good outlet for you, however....

Be aware, that I will not always agree with you, neither will many of the people here and while I am personally not offended by anything you decide to manifest, other's here might and you have to be conciously aware enough to realize this, as it would not be fair of you to expect us to automatically "get you", as you can see by the posts some people have already made, so you don't have to change yourself per se, but merely the way you interpret what is said to you and how it's supposed to be meant and how it isn't.

As this would solve the issues that seem to have arisen with your arrival.

And Autism, while debilitating, is not Amnesia, Dementia, Alzheimer's or any other severely debilitating mental disorder, so while you are capable of thought and the ability to coherently process information, however diluded, you are only slightly more "disabled" than the "average" person.

I already understand you, but I'm afraid many people here do not and while I don't blame them, nor condone your actions and philosophies, I "get it" and am not offended by you or what you have to say.

Again, no one is bashing you, merely trying to either understand or conversely have you understand them on a particular topic, in this case Minorities and it seems also the debilitating level of Autism, yours in particular.

Why not focus outside your Autism? It, afterall, is not the only thing that defines you, I am sure.

Smile
:3

Bowyn Aerrow;324549
If you had read previous posts you would learn a few things about me - such as I test 32-35 on the Aspergers/Autism Scale. I posted that a few times on threads here over the [I Wrote:
years [/I]that I have been here.

I test 35 on the autism scale, let us unite!

I was labeled autistic as a small kid. I refused to speak out loud, fearing I would be beaten by my sisters. They used me as a punching bag from 4 months until I was 6 years old.

I was designated as a kid with no friends and no social skills from 8 to 10. I literally came out of my shell after falling in love with a boy. Suddenly I wanted to speak out loud. As a kid who was deemed an idiot., I won more scholarships to college than any of my friends.

Recently I got angry when they said Adam Lanza in Newtown,Conn. was a source of PURE EVIL. I thought he was an autistic kid treated like shit by his family, school, teachers, neighborsand every one else who allowed that boy to go to hell alone in his mind. Adam struck me as the least to blame. That kid had a neon light that said I REALLY NEED HELP. He was ignored and 28 people died.

Curious. How did you feel about that story?. By the way, I live in NJ which has the highest per cent of autistic kids in America

(Looks at burning train wreck and frowns)

It seems to me, this is just my opinion, that this thread has gotten a bit off the rails.

If you do what I just did and look back to the original post, I think the OP was just trying to reach out.

Just my opinion.

Richard